JobID 248 : Teacher ECE (#2026297)
Title: Classroom Teacher
Reports To: Building Principal
Contract Days: 190
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay Scale: Teacher
Education: Certification by the State of Georgia in Education SRT4 – SRT7 and content area specialization as required by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
Experience: Successful completion of an accredited teacher training program.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: Skills in working effectively with people; effective writing and speaking skills; ability to employ a variety of instructional strategies that connect the curriculum to the learners; ability to deal with multiple tasks.
Primary Function: To create a flexible academic program and a classroom environment that is favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students, which will motivate them to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to progress through elementary, middle, and high school. To establish good relationships with parents and fellow staff members.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Uses a variety of instructional strategies, such as investigation, group discussion, and presentation where students are inventors and designers of work in which they are authentically engaged.
- Meets the school’s student achievement goals and monitoring gains of students by keeping appropriate records.
- Participates in professional development opportunities that enhance the school’s continuous improvement plan.
- Uses communication and interpersonal skills to satisfactorily interact with students, parents, school personnel, and other stakeholders.
- Adheres to school and system procedures and rules with regard to Special Education, SST Plans, and discipline procedures, assessment of students, Section 504 Accommodation Plans, and Board Guidelines.
- Teaches at an appropriate instructional level.
- Provides content development.
- Student –Focused
- Builds for transfer
- Provides initial focus
- Provides content emphasis and linking
- Provides lesson summaries
- Promotes student engagement.
- Monitors student progress
- Responds to student performance.
- Supports students.
- Uses time efficiently.
- Maintains effective physical setting for instruction.
- Maintains appropriate student behavior in the classroom.
- Follows professional practices consistent with school and system policies in working with students, students’ records, parents, and colleagues.
- Interacts in a professional manner with students and parents.
- Is available to students and parents for conferences according to system policies.
- Facilitates home-school communication by such means as holding conferences, telephoning, and sending written communications.
- Maintains confidentiality of students and students’ records.
- Works cooperatively with school administrators, special support personnel, colleagues, and parents.
- Complies with school system and state administrative regulations and board of education policies.
- Conducts assigned classes at the times scheduled.
- Enforces regulations concerning student conduct and discipline.
- Is punctual.
- Provides adequate information, plans, and materials for substitute teachers.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and appropriate records, and files reports promptly.
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings and other assigned meetings and activities according to school policy.
- Complies with conditions as stated in contract.
- Demonstrates professional practices in teaching.
- Demonstrates accurate and up-to-date knowledge of content.
- Implements designated curriculum.
- Maintains lesson plans as required by school policy.
- Assigns reasonable tasks and homework for students.
- Acts in a professional manner and assumes responsibility for the total school program, its safety and good order.
- Completes professional development plan (if required).
- Performs other duties and responsibilities prescribed by the school system and/or school.
- Teacher Keys