JobID 1579 : Receptionist (#2025757)
Job | Posted 24 days ago
1105 North Hunt Club Road
Gurnee, Illinois 60031
Woodland School District 50 is an Equal Opportunity Educator/Employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and educational environment by hiring individuals who support and contribute to the diversity and excellence of our student and academic programs through their teaching and service to our students, parents and the community we serve.
If you welcome inclusion, equity and diversity, have an unwavering commitment to the success of all students, embrace and celebrate the individuality of our student population with respect to race, ethnicity, and economic status, and seek to celebrate the cultures that contribute to making our district so rich, please join our team! Minority candidates encouraged to apply.
Applicants are instructed to deal specifically with qualifying factors mentioned in the following posting.
Position Type: Secretarial/Clerical
Date Posted: February 11, 2020
Location: Woodland Educational Support Center
Date Available: When Filled
Description: To be the Educational Support Center Receptionist and assist the Support Services Department
Required – High School Diploma or Equivalent
Preferred – Bachelor's Degree
Required – Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the role of receptionist; Fluency in Spanish; Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications
Preferred – Five (5) years’ experience in in the role of receptionist within a public school setting; Fluency in Spanish: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Greet all visitors courteously, determines their needs, checks appointments, and directs or escorts them to the proper person.
2. Answer office telephone and responds appropriately to requests for information.
3. Meet and communicate effectively with staff and public in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner, thus promoting a positive image.
4. Maintain an attractive and comfortable reception area which includes a reading table stocked with current school district publications and periodicals of general interest.
5. Process mail to include opening, sorting and routing. of interoffice and U.S. mail
6. Fill in as needed in the Educational Support Center.
7. Assist with distribution of Fed-Ex and UPS mail and packages.
8. Assist in the registration of new students as needed.
9. Enter and process all purchase orders for Support Services department
10. Receive and disseminate all orders for Support Services department.
11. Copy and distribute staffing notices to parents
12. Type all evaluations from dictation and hand written reports
13. Document completion of reports in data system and distribute completed reports as requested
14. Coordinate the registration for the district preschool screening
- takes phone calls to register child
- sends home screening information packet
- prepares folders for screening
- prepares schedule for screening and communicates same with Special Education Supervisor
- assists with registration the day of the screening
- sends out results of screening
- monitors those needing rescreening
15. Coordinate collection of administrative outreach information three times per year.
16. Maintain a “buffet drawer” by department of paperwork that can be picked up, i.e. applications, vacation forms, registration packets, etc.
17. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant Superintendent of Support Services and Director of Special Education
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Technical: Demonstrated skills in writing, editing and public speaking. Competent in digital environments; databases, spreadsheets, publishing software, Microsoft Office, etc.
Interpersonal: Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with parents, students, staff, community and colleagues; Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills; Empathetic, humanistic and open-minded; Strong sense of teamwork; Must exhibit sound judgment in dealing with people.
DISTRICT CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Support the establishment of mutual respect and equal human dignity across the entire school community.
- Welcomes inclusion, equity and diversity.
- Have an unwavering commitment to the success of all students.
- Understanding that your identity may be different than students, parents, and staff, you are willing to put those differences aside for the success of all students.
- Regardless of the identities of students, staff, or parents, works collaboratively to build a successful relationship with them.Willingly anticipate, identify and adopt change.Engage in all job-related interactions and activities, with contacts from within and outside the District, in a courteous and professional manner.
- Communicate with styles that are approachable and respectful.
- Participate in professional development and training to become more effective and efficient.
- Take initiative to manage multiple tasks.
- Effectively organize work to be as productive as possible.
Manual Dexterity: Work requires definite skilled and accurate physical operations requiring some closely coordinated performance.
Physical Effort: Work requires handling average weight materials or equipment, but not for sustained periods.
Working Conditions: Some exposure to definitely disagreeable elements may exist.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM Monday - Friday - Twelve month year (260 days).
SALARY RANGE: Based on experience and education - $13.22 minimum
HOW TO APPLY: Internal applicants should apply online at www.dist50.net and attach a resume to the online application. External applicants should apply online at www.dist50.net and attach three letters of recommendations, resume and transcript(s) to the online application.
All applicants: (Include specifics of the position that applicants are required to include with their online application. For example: Please upload no more than ten (10) examples of your work that demonstrates your versatility in writing, marketing, communication and public relations.) All applicants must be willing to interview in person and demonstrate skills through a situational analysis. Applicants will be contacted within three weeks if invited for an interview. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Further information regarding this position may be obtained by contacting:
Dr. Lori Casey
Associate Superintendent of Education
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, February 25, 2020
Woodland School District 50 is an Equal Opportunity Employer with established policies prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, marital status, arrest record, military status, order of protection status, unfavorable military discharge, citizenship status provided the individual is authorized to work in the United States, use of lawful products while not at work, being a victim of domestic or sexual violence, genetic information, physical or mental handicap or disability, if otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or other legally protected categories. The Associate Superintendent (847-596-5630) addresses questions regarding student discrimination, and the Director of Human Resources (847-596-5640) answers questions concerning employment discrimination.
Woodland Community Consolidated School District 50
1105 N Hunt Club Rd, Gurnee, IL 60031-2418
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246