JobID 1748 : MHS: .50 FTE Math Teacher (Algebra 1) - (Position for the 2020-21 School Year) (#2024582)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
TITLE: HIGH SCHOOL CLASSROOM TEACHER
- Valid Oregon Teaching License with proper endorsement(s).
- Valid Oregon Driver's License.
- Experience in and flexibility with a variety of instructional strategies, diagnosis, and performance-based assessment.
- Ability to communicate and work harmoniously with administrative personnel, staff, parents, and community.
- Flexibility and resourcefulness in behavior management.
- Bilingual desired but not required.
- Demonstrated abilities (written and/or oral) to plan classroom instruction around District curriculum guides.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate.
JOB GOAL: To develop student skills and comprehension of subject area; to promote the development of character, leadership, cooperation and respect for others that will make the student a better citizen.
- Teaches the skills, knowledge and processes of the subject area.
- Maintains the confidentiality of student communications and keeps records as required by law, policy and regulations.
- Creates a positive, safe and stimulating learning environment and maintains control of the classroom, supervisor areas, and assemblages of students.
- Possesses the ability to be a team player who is flexible and has high expectations of student performance and behavior.
- Determines, in cooperation with the department head, course of study and principal, the type of course to be taught.
- Assumes responsibility for accompanying all assigned students on field trips or other off-campus visits.
- Submits attendance reports to the secretary at the beginning of each period.
- Reports and records any injury immediately.
- Assumes responsibility for the condition of the classroom.
- Submits an inventory of furniture, teaching materials, and books at the end of each year.
- Properly completes and submits to the secretary all forms pertaining to grades, absences, competencies, class loads, etc.
- Knows and understands all policies, regulations and procedures of the school and district.
- Follows proper procedure when purchasing school items.
- Remains current in professional growth and inservice training.
- Has understanding of CAM standards.
- Assesses the accomplishment of students on a regular basis and maintains such records as required by law.
- Performs other duties as required by the job or the immediate supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year according to the current licensed employee calendar and salary schedule.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with Board policy.
McMinnville School District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability or genetics. For more information see District Policy GBA-Equal Employment Opportunity.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008 (ADA). Individuals with disabilities may contact director of human resources for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon Telecommunication Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900 or 711.
McMinnville School District 40
800 NE Lafayette Ave, McMinnville, OR 97128-4146
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,490 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 19.82
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 297