JobID 1751 : MHS: Alt Ed/Transitions Program Teacher (Position for the 2020-21 School Year) (#2024556)
TITLE: High School Alternative Education Teacher
Valid Oregon Teaching License preferably with multiple endorsements.
Experience working with high-risk children.
Valid Oregon Driver's License.
Experience in and flexibility with a variety of instructional strategies, diagnosis, and performance-based assessment.
Ability to communicate and work harmoniously with administrative personnel, staff, parents, and community.
Desire to design, assess, and work in alternative high school program.
Flexibility and resourcefulness in behavior management.
Bilingual desired but not required.
Demonstrated abilities (written and/or oral) to plan classroom instruction around District curriculum guides.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate.
REPORTS TO: Principal or designee
JOB GOAL: To assist in designing, developing, and teaching in the high school alternative classroom.
- Designs, organizes, implements, and assesses curriculum and program activities for students which will facilitate improvement in academics, communication, self-management, decision-making and problem solving.
- Maintains the confidentiality of student communications and keeps records as required by law, policy and regulations.
- Creates a positive, safe and stimulating learning environment and maintains control of the classroom, supervisor areas, and assemblages of students.
- Manages individual as well as whole-class academic plans and activities.
- Collects student data, utilizes data to plan and assess, and reports data to students, parents, teachers and administrators of originating school.
- Interviews, surveys, and reports to parents about student progress in areas of academics, communications, self-management, decision- making, problem solving, and other areas of CIM performance.
- Obtains parent cooperation and support in students' learning plans.
- Assists students in setting, monitoring, and meeting learning goals.
- Designs program to transition students back into the regular classroom setting and maintains this expectation as focus of program.
- Keeps abreast of the latest curricular and educational trends and to returns for further training as deemed necessary by the building administrator.
- Supervises student activities as regularly required of all licensed staff.
- Assists students in the development of positive self-concepts and citizenship.
- Administers clubs and/or committees, providing positive motivation and leadership to high school students.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 190 days. Salary and work year to be according to the current schedule.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with Board policy.
McMinnville School District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability or genetics. For more information see District Policy GBA-Equal Employment Opportunity.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008 (ADA). Individuals with disabilities may contact director of human resources for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon Telecommunication Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900 or 711.