JobID 184 : STEM/Summer Camp Director (#2024188)
Title: Summer Camp Director
ABOUT EOCCS: The Mission of the East Orange Community Charter School is to educate the “whole child” by providing all students with hands on, active learning experiences through back to basics activities. The EOCCS shall meaningfully involve parents, the community and the staff in a quality, comprehensive, safe, flexible, responsive and caring educational environment that shall challenge the children to achieve to their highest potential.
- Supervise Camp staff; develop program, plan and oversee daily activities, scheduling, lesson plans and general camp operations.
- Ensure all camp schedules are completed satisfactorily in a timely manner; comply with the camp schedule, arriving to work daily on time and working as a flexible team player.
- Interact effectively with the camp staff as a total system, with camper's best interest in mind.
- Know, understand, train and execute all camp policies and emergency procedures associated with the camp
- Communicate with parents and address parent concerns in a timely manner.
- Assist with the various administrative tasks, coordinate schedules and complete all necessary reports; take inventory of and help purchase necessary supplies.
- Facilitate check in and check out of campers and maintain those records each week of the summer.
- Support the annual campaign by building relationships, storytelling, and identifying prospects for donations and volunteering.
- Daily supervision of campers through classroom visitations, quality checks, and ensures logs and documentation is up-to-date.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by supervisor
- The physical demands of the position include:
- Visual and auditory ability to observe and to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch for long periods of time. Ability to climb, push, and pull.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds.
- Attendance and successful completion of pre-camp training.
- Certifications: CPR/AED and First Aid Training
- Completed EOCCS training (or its equivalent from another organization) in staff development and other accepted camp management practices.
- Ability to create and management budgets
- Familiarity with Programs for Parents
- Has the ability to multi-task
- Associates Degree or appropriate professional certification is preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years Camp Director Experience
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Emotional Maturity - Demonstrates the ability to accurately assess personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships with others.
- Values - Consistently demonstrates the value of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in all matters at all times.
- Developing Others - Shares experiences and provides training to assist campers and fellow staff with their development.
- Decision-making - Takes personal responsibility for decisions and the likely implications of behavior, before acting.
- Relationships - Build authentic relationships with participants, parents, and other staff in support of the EOCCS mission.
- Quality Results - Delivers a high-value experience to members and participants.
Work Hours: Exempt position, hours vary however flexibility is a must