JobID 6144 : Aide, PPCD Structured Learning (#2023075)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
JOB TITLE: PPCD Structured Learning Aide-Elementary
REPORT TO: Campus Principal
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Nonexempt
PAY GRADE: Para 3
PRIMARY PURPOSE:The PPCD Structured Learning position will assist special education teacher to provide for physical and instructional needs of students with disabilities in special education setting.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement.
- High School diploma or GED and meet one of the following qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree (or higher); or
- Completion of 48 semester hours at an accredited institution of higher education; or
- Obtained an academic assessment from a previous school district meeting a rigorous standard of quality
- Educational Aide II Certificate (or be willing to obtain)
- One +years working with children
- Ability to work well with children
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work with children with disabilities
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist teacher in preparation of instructional materials and classroom displays as well as community events.
- Assist in supervision of students throughout the school day, both inside and outside the classroom, and including community trips.
- Assist in maintaining a neat and orderly classroom.
- Assist teacher in preparing/maintaining records/reports required by Federal, State or Local laws/regulations.
- Assist students with physical disabilities according to their needs, including transferring to and from wheelchairs, lifting or positioning.
- Assist students with physical needs and personal care including feeding, bathroom needs, and personal hygiene.
- Assist teacher in intervening in crisis situations and restraining disruptive or dangerous student behavior as needed.
- Assist teacher in working with individual students or small groups.
- Inform teacher of special needs or problems of individual students.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding special education student information.
- Participate in training sessions related to the education of students with disabilities.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS:The usual and customary methods of performing this job require the following: Job may require periods of time sitting, standing, stooping, bending, reaching and repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer. Ability to maintain emotional control under stress. May require some lifting no more than 20lbs. Ability to lift children when the need arises. Overtime is required as necessary.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties that may be required.
Spring Independent School District
16717 ELLA BLVD, HOUSTON, TX 77090-4299
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558