JobID 2227 : Regional Vice President (Western) (#2022202)
Vice President - Regional (Western)
The Vice President - Regional position will work within the Western region of the State of Pennsylvania reporting out of one of our Family Service Centers (Homestead, and Seven Fields). This position will work as an extension of the office of CEO to represent CCA’s initiatives and continued presence in a local region. As such, the position will be tasked with exploring, procuring, establishing, and sustaining amicable relationships to increase awareness and collaboration with CCA and local businesses, educational institutions, and government officials. This position will be tasked with serving as the point of contact and spokesperson for all public relations related to their region to include serving as an ambassador, physical involvement in charitable/community/local organizations and events, forming positive relationships with businesses, and working with the media. This position will work closely with other business and school outreach professionals within CCA as well as any CCA positions/departments that engage with families, learners, and community resources to develop positive partnerships within their region.
The Vice President - Regional will support school initiatives and work in tandem with Marketing at ensuring continuity in our messaging and branding. The position will work closely with staff within their region on student recruitment activities, event management, understanding the business and school climate locally, and helping to develop new ideas for increasing visibility of CCA. This position will serve as both the face of and the eyes and ears of the school within their respective regions to support, oversee, and identify the most effective ways to grow school enrollment and increase a positive presence within the region.
The incumbent will be tasked with building school to career relationships which will ultimately be instrumental in growing enrollment to CCA. It will be incumbent of this position to understand that they will be critical in developing relationships with business and local organizations as well as public and elected figures within their region. Engagement and participation in community organizations such as Rotary, Chamber, United Way, non-profit and charitable Boards, and all business networking environments will be a requirement of this position. As such, flexibility in scheduling and working events during evenings and weekends will be required.
The Vice President - Regional will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assist in development, implementation, evaluation, and refinement of the schools’ outreach activities;
- Attend networking events, participate on boards and within business, school, and community committees;
- Develop knowledge and relationships with local CCA families and identify those family ambassadors for CCA press purposes;
- Develop relationships with local officials and lawmakers, help establish awareness and increase knowledge of CCA to lawmakers, and create opportunities for dialogues with CCA families;
- Assist in identifying local advertising and grassroots opportunities (e.g., events, parent-initiated outreach, etc.) in the specific region;
- Locate and develop partnership opportunities to further CCA’s mission to include Chamber/Rotary involvement as well as with post-secondary institutions and local businesses;
- Provide support and insight for increasing CCA’s brand-awareness;
- Serve as an Administrator at family service centers in region assisting with staff supervision and site support, visiting all centers within region on periodic basis, and providing tours of local centers to increase awareness;
- Attend local CCA functions including but not limited to LCOS, Great Starts, field trips, and marketing events within local region;
- Working closely with all marketing efforts to aid in outreach, increasing public awareness, developing positive relationships within the community, and increasing enrollment to include:
- In conjunction with Outreach, establishing connections with local press/media to run CCA stories of interest, student achievements, and answering/rebutting anti-cyber charter questions/articles against CCA;
- Collecting video and photographic content as opportunities present itself to use on CCA’s social media channels;
- Assisting with Public Relations efforts including identification and screening of students and families for media activities like newspaper interviews and television appearances, assisting with video or multimedia projects that include local families and/or staff, and act as media representative;
- Providing input regarding events and schedules (assist in researching potential target markets and new events);
- Working with administration to execute strategies from the school’s marketing plan;
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- The highest level of professionalism in demeanor and communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in determining daily and weekly priorities
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office programs)
- Collaboration Skills
- Customer focused approach with a high degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment with a team player track record
- Ability to work remotely, if necessary
- Ability to travel throughout their region and the State of PA as needed
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend hours, as needed
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, multifunctional printers, and filing cabinets.
This is largely a sedentary role. Requires the ability to lift, squat, sit, bend or stand as necessary. Ability to travel to other sites/locations as needed and to work some evenings and weekends necessary.
- Frequent travel required throughout Pennsylvania, especially in the peak student recruiting months of March through September
Required Education and Experience
- Associates degree
- Some experience in marketing, public relations or event management
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two to five years of experience in marketing, public relations or event management
- Previous executive leadership responsibilities and supervisory experience
- Background in education is beneficial
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Appropriate Automobile Insurance Coverage
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.