JobID 3175 : Special Education Paraprofessional (ABC) (#2022077)
· Position Type: Paraprofessional Full Time (6.0) Hours
· Location: Taft
· District: Joliet Public Schools District 86 (Joliet, IL) is seeking an Paraprofessional.
This is a full-time position (9 Months) with benefits. This position reports to the School Principal / Assistant Principal / Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Principal or Assistant Principal and assigned classroom teacher, assists in providing instruction to individuals or small groups of students in a classroom or instructional setting; performs various tasks in assisting with the educational needs associated with the particular program to which assigned.
Classroom paraprofessionals, paraprofessionals and one-to-one paraprofessionals may function in a variety of roles: those which are instructionally-based, those which are physically-management based and those which are medically-based. Job responsibilities may shift among these roles dependent upon the needs of the student/s.
- Prepares for classroom and/or other assigned activities under the direction of the teacher and/or principal.
- Assist the classroom teacher with the instruction and supervision of students during classroom activities.
- Work with individual students or small groups to reinforce new skills initially introduced by the classroom teacher.
- Assist the classroom teacher in devising and implementing strategies for reinforcing skills based on data.
- Maintain anecdotal notes, written observations, and other approved forms of documentation for students when instructed to do so by the classroom teacher.
- Assist with critical daily activities.
- Ability to work harmoniously with others and to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with the public and district personnel using tact, courtesy, and good judgment.
- Ability to perform support functions requiring independent judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving in accordance with established policies and regulations.
- Ability to maintain privacy of sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Perform general clerical duties such as: preparation of instructional materials, scoring student work, prepares materials for classroom use, etc.
- Operate a variety of office equipment such as copy machines, computer, and printers.
- Possess language skills including composition, punctuation, spelling and correct usage.
- Attend building meetings and in-service training.
- Maintain commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Applications who meet the following criteria must complete the on-line application available at www.joliet86.org. All required documents should be attached to the on-line application.
- Valid State of Illinois Professional Educator License with Self Contained General Education Endorsement or Educator License with Stipulations (PARA)
- Degree or minimum of 60 semester hours of college credit
- Demonstrated concern for child’s well being
- Willingness to accept instruction
- Bargaining Union Position: Hourly Rate Based on 60-90 Semester or Degree with (PEL) Professional Educator License $14.51 – $ 16.38. This is a 9-month position with employee benefits. Union Link: https://www.joliet86.org/file.aspx?DocumentId=9946
Application Procedures: Applications are considered complete when all required materials are submitted including: 1) an on-line application, 2) a letter of interest in the position, 3) unofficial copies of all college and/or university transcripts, and 4) list three (3) recent references with email address from past or current professional employment. The District uses an on-line application that will be available at www.joliet86.org. All required documents should be attached to your on-line application.
- Application Procedure: Apply online: www.joliet86.org 1.4.2019 updated