JobID 2164 : Middle School Office Secretary (#2021540)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
The Middle School Office Secretary at Arbor Park Middle School (APMS) will report to the APMS Building Administrators and be responsible for, but no limited to, the following duties:
- Manage the APMS student activity account.
- Handle, manage and deposit all incoming activity funds.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing payables for APMS.
- Coordinate all APMS substitution daily needs.
- Update all student data in student information system (PowerSchool).
- Manage and print progress, reports, report cards, etc.
- Manage internal and external school calendars.
- Assist APMS nurse when necessary.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mail related to APMS.
- Assist APMS staff and community in all school matters.
- Coordinate APMS Parent-Teacher Conferences.
- Coordinate APMS Graduation.
- Coordinate APMS building usage requests with District Office.
- Assist the Administration team with internal and external office correspondence.
- Ensure total confidentiality as it relates to all Student/School/District matters.
- Additional duties as assigned by Building Administration.
- Servant-leader, self-driven starter who enjoys working with students and the public.
- Bilingual (Spanish) speaking candidate is preferred, but not mandated.
- Experience in a school, district or professional office.
- Prior secretarial experience would be ideal.
- Knowledge of software programs used in office settings (Financial software, Student Database Software, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.).
- Procedure driven with a high degree of accuracy.
- Highly personable, experience working with all levels of personnel & authority.
- Consistency in attendance and meeting employer expectations.
- College experience is welcomed, but not mandatory. Ideal candidate will have an interest in expanding the duties of this position as skills are mastered.
- Eleven (11) month position (225 working days per fiscal year)
- Eight (8) hours per day, forty (40) hours per week.
- A well rounded Board of Education benefit package, which will include sick and personal time, access to Medical, Dental and Life Insurance plans.
- Location - Arbor Park Middle School, 17303 Central Avenue, Oak Forest, IL. 60452.
- Salary: Starting at a minimum of $12.00 per hour. Higher pay will be available for experienced applicants.
- Approximately July 27, 2020 (the candidate will be able to start before the end of the school year if available).
- Interviews will be scheduled for late February, early March 2020.
Arbor Park School District 145
17301 Central Ave, Oak Forest, IL 60452-4920
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246