JobID 1765 : School Psychologist (#2020944)
To view the full job description, click on the link on the bottom right hand side of this posting.
Department: Special Student Services
Location: Scappoose School District
Salary: Per negotiated contract, Licensed Salary Schedule
Bargaining Unit: NWEA
Start date: Fall 2020
Job Post Closing Date: Open until filled
NW REGIONAL ESD’S MISSION STATEMENT: In partnership with the communities we serve, Northwest Regional ESD improves student learning by providing equitable access to high quality services and support.
General Description:To provide consultation, assessment and intervention services to families, staff and children with disabilities.
Qualification: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Masters degree or higher.
- Oregon Personnel Service License with School Psychologist endorsement.
- Minimum of three years school psychologist experience (any level) preferred.
- Thorough understanding of special education law and procedures.
- Such alternatives to the above, as the ESD finds appropriate and acceptable.
- Participate in screening and/or the development of pre-referral interventions to determine response to intervention and whether further evaluation is needed.
- Function as a team member in the evaluation process.
- Assess referred children utilizing a broad range of assessment instruments and techniques.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Family Service Plans and/or Individual Education Plans.
- Consult with parents, teachers and other educational personnel to help them understand child development and how it affects learning and behavior.
- Provide consultation on the special education needs of children.
- Provide individual, group or consultative services for referred children whose diagnosed needs would be addressed through behavioral interventions.
- Prepare and submit required documentation on children with disabilities.
- Cooperate with and develop collaborative relationships with personnel of mental health, community health, and other state and local agencies serving and supporting children with special needs. Prepare forms as requested by outside agencies.
- As agreed upon, attend staff, professional and interagency meetings.
- Assist in conducting in-service training of ESD and local school district personnel and community members.
- Initiate and direct appropriate research which is approved in advance by the ESD.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the field.
- Initiate and direct a responsible route of travel; provide supervisor, team members and special education secretary with access to weekly schedule and complete report of contacts and mileage forms by designated timelines.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with staff and customers at all organizational levels.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERNWRESD recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of NWRESD that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, veterans status, genetic information or disability in any educational programs, activities, or employment.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact the Chief Human Resources Officer at 503-614-1482 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.