JobID 6134 : Teacher Aide (#2020876)
Days Per Year: 187
JOB TITLE: Teacher Aide High School
REPORTS TO: Campus Principal
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Nonexempt
PAY GRADE: Para 1
The Teacher Aide will provide clerical support to assigned personnel and provide information and/or direction as may be requested.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support and demonstrate our core values, communicate in a clear and respectful manner and seek to continuously improve self-performance and processes.
- High school graduate or GED from an accredited institution
- One+ years job related experience
- Ability to work well with children
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Prepare documents for the purpose of communicating information to parents.
- Assist with assigned programs and projects.
- Act as public relations representative for school.
- Prepare written materials regarding school and/or district activities and procedures.
- Support and assist counselors, speech therapists and other school personnel with work functions as needed.
- Assist with developing master schedule and maintaining schedule changes.
- Participate in staff development and faculty meetings as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The usual and customary methods of performing this job require the following:
Job may require prolonged periods of time sitting, moderate standing, stooping, bending, reaching and repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer. Ability to maintain emotional control under stress. May require some lifting no more than 10lbs. Overtime is required as necessary.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.