JobID 1219 : Summer 2020 High School SEI Math Teacher (#2020640)
MATHEMATICS TEACHER HIGH SCHOOL
The purpose of this position is to have an individual who will teach students in Grades 9-12 in the field of Mathematics.
Qualified applicants must forward cover letter, resume, transcripts, proof of MA DESE license and SEI Endorsement as well as three current letters of recommendation
Education, Training and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Licensure from the Massachusetts Department of Education for the grade(s) and subject(s) assigned.
3. Demonstrated subject matter competence, highly qualified, in the area of licensure.
Curriculum, Planning and Assessment:
1. Demonstrates sound knowledge and understanding of the high school mathematics common core standards and mathematical practices.
2. Designs standards-based lessons with challenging and measureable objectives.
3. Provides a student-centered environment in each class taught.
4. Effectively integrates technology into the curriculum.
5. Designs and administers a variety of assessments to measure student learning.
6. Individually and with colleagues, organizes and analyzes results from assessments and uses findings to adjust instruction.
Teaching All Students:
1. Promotion of high standards and expectations for student proficiency.
2. Differentiates instruction to meet the needs of all learners.
3. Promotion of equity and appreciation of diversity.
4. Create and maintain a safe physical and intellectual environment for students.
5. Provide opportunities for students to work collaboratively in groups.
Family and Community Engagement:
1. Regularly uses two-way communication with families about student performance and learning.
2. Communicates respectfully with parents and demonstrates understanding of and sensitivity to different families’ home language, culture and values.
3. Updates parents on curriculum throughout the year and suggests strategies for supporting learning at school and home.
1. Effectively collaborates with colleagues in developing units, examining student work, analyzing student performance and planning interventions.
2. Continuously participates in professional development to improve teaching practice.
Supervises students and evaluates their achievement.
Supervision Given and Received:
Supervised by principal and/or director.
Non-Discrimination Notice: Waltham Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Waltham Public Schools has partnered with the Massachusetts Partnership for Diversity in Education (MPDE) in our effort to welcome diverse candidates to our school system. We value and prioritize the hiring of educators who bring a wealth of perspectives and experiences to our schools, and who reflect the diversity of the students we serve.
MPDE is a collaborative of public school districts with a 40-year uninterrupted history committed to supporting the interest of its members to increase the numbers of teachers of color for their schools by providing recruitment support and related services.