JobID 1422 : Intructional Behavior Coach (#2020136)
Job Summary: The Behavior Coach provides behavior analysis services to staff across the district for general education and special education students. The Behavior Coach collaborates with school teams to help create, implement, and monitor behavioral interventions for students. The Behavior Coach conducts assessments as necessary to help develop plans that conform to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act. The Behavior Coach provides on-site coaching, professional development, and technical assistance to all staff in support of the district’s programs and initiatives that are designed to enhance the students’ behavioral and social-emotional development, and to maintain and develop school-wide systems that support SEL, such as Second Step, Responsive Classroom, PBIS, and ACEs.
- Current and valid Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with an endorsement in school social work, psychology, or a PEL with an LBS I or II endorsement, or evidence of enrollment in an LBS II program;
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst certification preferred;
- Minimum three years successful certified experience in a school setting;
- Experience working with students that require a highly structured classroom environment with an emphasis on behavior management;
- Sound knowledge of child development, behavior modification, and instructional practices that promote supportive learning environments;
- Familiarity with ISBE’s SEL Standards, and evidence-based approaches for SEL, such as Second Step, Responsive Classroom, PBIS, and ACEs.
- Knowledge of research related to positive behavioral interventions and supports at the universal, secondary, and tertiary levels;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to develop and implement school-wide and individual positive behavior support plans;
- Demonstrated facilitation experience in providing adult professional development preferred;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with teachers, administrators, parents, and students;
- Demonstrated skill in providing effective consultation to classroom personnel;
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred;
- Valid State of Illinois drivers’ license.
Working Conditions: Regular school days (180 days per year)
- Starting salary of $43,209;
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a competitive benefits package;
- Employee assistance program offered to employees and their immediate family members;
- Qualified candidates may be granted up to eight years of verified full-time public school teaching experience for credit on the salary schedule;
- We offer a mentoring program for teachers who are new to the District.
Application Procedure: Submit application online at www.district130.org
Cook County School District 130 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.