JobID 638 : ACCOUNTING AND BENEFIT TECHNICIAN (#2020050)
POSITION: ACCOUNTING AND BENEFIT TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: DISTRICT OFFICE
SCHEDULE: Board approved 2020-2021 academic calendar. Starts August 3, 2020
SALARY: Per Board approved 2019-2020 Classified salary schedule - $19.50/hr. - 8 hrs/day
Annual pay is divided equally by 12 months and paid monthly on the last business day of the month.
BENEFITS: Eligible for PERA Retirement Plan
Sick/Personal days earned at 1 day for every 20 days worked
Full-Time employees are eligible for the District Benefit Package
(Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance)
SUMMARY: Perform general payable and receivable processes in a way that exemplifies excellence and innovative practices. Prepare and post deposits and journal entries. Maintain and track a current fixed asset inventory. Provide a high-level of customer support to internal and external stakeholders in a timely and efficient manner. Focus on creating high district-level engagement and solid customer service for the District departments and team members. Work well in a team atmosphere to help support students and staff in the Platte Canyon School District.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING/CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in business or accounting preferred**
- CPR, First Aid, Mandatory Reporting and any other district mandated certifications
- 2-4 years of experience using computerized accounting, check writing and/or banking systems preferred
- Knowledge of IRS regulations
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting standards
- Knowledge of Public Finance Act and adherence to the CDE Financial Policies and Procedures
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, building/department procedures and financial checks and balances
- Operating knowledge of and experience with computer, calculator, Microsoft Office Suite, and accounting software
- Operating knowledge of and experience with ten-key adding machine
- Operating knowledge of current district financial programs preferred; required within 3 months after hire
- Monitor, reconcile, authorize account balances and transcactions, expenses, transfers, deposits, journal entries, and requisitions. Provide reports, track, and disperse petty cash, prepare bank deposits.
- Review, verify and issue payment for employee travel and expense reimbursements according to District and Board guidelines.
- Receive, analyze, and verify coding and authorizations on materials requisitions. Enter P.O.s and Invoices into accounting systems.
- Input and process accounts receivable for all funds and grants. Contact customers to ensure timely payments. Issue past due notices and/or initate collections on non-sufficient checks.
- Provide support to schools/departments by resolving questions on requisitions, deposits, purchase orders and other fiscal operations.
- Coordinate, in conjunction with the Director of Business Services, annual employee benefit packages, complete negotiations through the District Insurance brokers for annual coverage, and serve as benefits liaison for all district employees.
- Maintain employee benefit records for Health, Dental, Vision and other supplemental coverage.
- Maintain and update personnel and benefits files.
- Maintain fixed asset and capital asset inventory by entering in new items, disposing of obsolete items and assisting with the annual inventory process.
- Complete vendor payments on time, mail checks, maintain an orderly file of invoice documentation for reference for all checks issued by the District.
- Maintain and update Food Service and Student Activity Accounts including monthly account reconciliation and budget adherence,
- Maintain neat and orderly records from prior fiscal periods in designated areas.
- Reconcile payroll deductions and process payroll payables, assist in processing monthly payroll for employees.
- Prepare accountability report to CDE and assist with preparation for annual audit.
- Attend additioanl training/technical courses related to Accounting, Payroll and Human Resources (minimal travel required)
- Strong focus on customer service, teamwork, cross training, and employee engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned based on the needs of the District.
Reports to: Director of Business Services
Direct Rerpots: This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Platte Canyon School District
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act and Colorado law, the Platte Canyon School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in admissions or access to its programs and services, or employment in the educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures for Title IX and Section 504 have been established for students, parents and employees. Compliance Officers have been assigned to coordinate compliance activities for the District. Written complaints of alleged discrimination should be addressed to one of the following individuals at the Platte Canyon School District, 57393 U.S. Highway 285, Bailey, Colorado 80421.
For employment-related complaints:
Mike Schmidt, Superintendent – District Compliance Officer