JobID 975 : Associate Director, Math Curriculum (#2019557)
The Associate Director, Math Content, Curriculum & Instruction Development will provide leadership and vision in on-going planning, implementation, development, direction, review and evaluation of the AUSL Network’s curriculum and instructional services. The Associate Director ensures that the school’s instructional plans and practices yield the highest standards of student achievement and instructional excellence. The Associate Director, Math Content reports to The Director of Curriculum, Instruction & Talent Development and serves under the School Management Team.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for setting the strategic vision for high-quality Math teaching and learning across the AUSL network schools
- Write long-term plans for teacher improvement, instructional leader development, and student achievement
- Monitor student performance data
- Provide curriculum guidance, support implementation, and pacing recommendations
- Create quality assurance and continuous improvement processes for teacher development
- Train teachers in curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Create quality assurance and continuous improvement processes for Instructional Leader development
- Train Instructional Leaders on coaching methodology, curriculum implementation, pedagogy and assessment
- Consult with School Leaders and Directors of School Leaders
- Collaborate with Performance Analytics and Support area to provide data and aid in data-driven decision making
- Be a productive and collaborative member of the Curriculum, Instruction, and Development Department
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and communicate student performance data
- Proven record of improved results through collaboration with others
- Motivated to go above and beyond to create excellence in all aspects of the role
- Ability to persevere through ambiguity to create meaning, clarity, and action
- Lead learner, reflective, high expectations for self, self-directed
- Experience with preparing and guiding teams through changes, both small and large
- Master’s in Education
- Expert in math content, Eureka curriculum, pedagogy, and assessment
- An exceptional teacher, coach, educator and leader
- Experience implementing strategic content vision across multiple schools
- Travel across 31 network school locations in the southwest areas of Chicago, IL
The work environment will be in Chicago Public Schools throughout the network. Classrooms and multiple office locations. This role requires leading evening and summer professional development for teachers and instructional leaders.
The candidate will be able to stand at least 60% of the time, sitting, bending and ability to lift ten pounds.
Academy for Urban School Leadership (AUSL) is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.