JobID 186 : Automation / Robotics Teacher (#2019422)
Term of Employment: Full-Time/10 months with benefits
Salary Range: $39,849.00 – $63,507.00 Depending on experience and level of education (FTE/starting placement may be prorated depending upon student enrollment)
Implement an Automation/Robotics curriculum program consistent with the district educational goals and objectives, in partnership with business, industry and district stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Provides instruction to improve student achievement in the Automation/Robotics Program
- Demonstrates and differentiates instructional methods for the purpose of providing an effective program that addresses individual student learning needs
- Develops a variety of written materials (e.g. syllabus, unit and daily lesson plans, curricular maps, assessments, attendance records, anecdotal communications, etc.) for the purpose of documenting and communicating student progress
- Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of planning instruction, providing feedback to students and communicating achievement
- Manages student behavior in a variety of educational environments by providing a safe and positive learning environment
- Engages students in leadership development by serving as an advisor for CTSO (Career Technical Student Organization)
- Communicates effectively with students, parents and colleagues at the campus level to improve the overall quality of student outcomes and achievement of established program goals
- Participates in a variety of meetings and professional development activities for the purpose of professional growth in an educational setting
- Establishes and maintains a good rapport with community partners and advisory councils
- Develops relationships with industry partners to provide placement in careers in the Automation/Robotics industry
- Coordinates work-based learning activities for students enrolled in the program
- Responsible for attendance, instruction, supervision, and grading of students. Submits reports as requested (grades, attendance, behavior, etc.)
- Maintains the physical facility including: equipment and supplies
- Performs other related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications/Education and/or Experience:
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Career & Technical Education Industrial and Emerging Technologies teaching certificate (provisional or standard)
- Three years teaching experience to include career/technical/occupational/vocational education in a certified secondary program is preferred
- Thorough knowledge and application of secondary curriculum and instruction in career/technical/ occupational/vocational education, vocational work and apprenticeship programs is preferred
- Three years’ experience in automation/robotics or related trades is preferred
- Experience in logistics, optics and/or artificial intelligence is preferred
- Ability to obtain adjunct faculty status at Pima Community College is preferred
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 50 pounds
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- May be required to travel to perform work functions
- High school diploma or equivalent
- MMR immunization, unless born prior to January 1, 1957
- Current negative TB test (within the last year)
- Valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to obtain one
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license
- Maintains industry related certification
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Have thorough knowledge of Pima County JTED policies that pertain to instruction, students, student discipline, etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to use appropriate technology and able to use as an integral part of instruction
- Utilizes sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Willingness to work with high school youth
- Ability to use tools and equipment related to area of instruction
Submit the following Documents:
Submit cover letter, resume, three recent (within five years) signed professional reference letters, and a copy of current certificate(s) via the district's online application system (https://www.applitrack.com/pimajted/onlineapp) Open until filled.
Pima JTED #11 is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, language of origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or marital status. Unless expressly superseded by controlling federal or state statutes, regulations or court decisions, this policy will prevail in all matters concerning staff members, students, the public, educational programs and services and individuals with whom the Joint Board does business.