JobID 331 : Pre-K Teacher (#2019039)
Job Title: Pre-K Teacher
District Name: Calumet City School District 155
Address: 540 Superior Ave., Calumet City, IL 60409
Phone Number: (708) 862-7665
Fax Number: (708) 868-7555
Region: Cook South
Type of Employment: Full-time permanent
Job Category:Early Childhood
Grade Level: Pre-K
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with salary scheduled and experience as defined within the teacher’s contract. Competitive benefits package.
Duties: The primary duties of the classroom teacher is to develop lessons plans and deliver engaging, differentiated instruction that is aligned with the curriculum. Candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Early Learning Standards, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to learning. The classroom teacher collaborates with other teachers, professional staff, and administrators in addressing a variety of instructional issues. A classroom teacher communicates with students; parents/guardians regarding instructional programs and student progress. The classroom teacher is responsible for creating an environment of respect and rapport, and establishing a culture for learning in which safety and order is the norm. District 155 expects teacher candidates to be child-centered professionals with a high degree of energy, flexibility, and initiative. Expectations are that teachers are clear verbal and written communicators, have well-developed interpersonal skills, practice reflective teaching, and seek continuous self-improvement.
Responsibilities: Classroom teachers are responsible for but not limited to:
1. Teaching reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, art, health, physical education, music, technology, and/or other assigned subject areas to pupils in a classroom utilizing concepts and pedagogy adopted by the Board and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Instruct pupils in citizenship and subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
4. Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
5. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom
6. Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
7. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil’ progress and interpret the school program.
8. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude and learning problems.
9. Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
10. Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
11. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
12. Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
13. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
14. Participates in curriculum development programs
15. Participates in faculty committees and sponsorship of pupil activities.
16. Is a full participant as an instructor and team member in the implementation of intervention strategies, differentiation and interventions.
17. Other duties as assigned by Administration
Working Environment: They physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position’s functions require some agility to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and fine finger dexterity to enter information into the different school data systems.
Qualifications: Current and valid PEL in early childhood with ECT approval code with ESL endorsement
District Website: http://www.calumetcity155.org