JobID 9953 : Community Education Instructor: Crescendo Music Instructor; Part-Time position; Approximately 10 hours per week (#2018984)
Community Education Instructors provide instruction and training for all ages and abilities of students. They may work at a variety of levels teaching different skills to either individuals or groups. Music instructors provide instrumental, vocal and music training for age students. They may work at a variety of levels teaching different musical skills to either individuals or groups.
- Plan individual lessons and activities.
- Develop knowledge of materials and repertoire for students at different stages of their development.
- Teach individual or group lessons to students with a wide range of abilities.
- Prepare students for performances, auditions, etc.
- Communicate with the student and/or student's parents about their child's lessons and progress.
- Develop skills and abilities necessary to carry out assigned duties by attending meetings, in-service trainings, and other opportunities when scheduled.
- Attend all required staff meetings.
- Must possess subject matter expertise in instructional area.
- Must have good organizational skills and demonstrate dependability, promptness, and punctuality.
- Must be able to manage groups of students in a classroom setting and/or other instructional environment.
- Must be a team leader and promote team cohesiveness.
- Must be able to work independently, be enthusiastic, and take initiative.
- Must demonstrate a professional, positive attitude when working with staff, parents, and community contacts.
- Music Instructors must have the ability to play an instrument well enough to teach a student the many different techniques of playing.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Prior experience teaching, or instructing, is preferred.
- Must hold a Bachelor's Degree in Music Performance or Music Education