JobID 415 : Instructional Assistant (#2018792)
Lincoln County School District is accepting on-line applications for a TEMPORARY Instructional Assistant for the remainder of 2019-2020.
The primary purpose of the Instructional Assistant is to perform instructional tasks and record keeping in a school setting to assist teaching staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following are examples of duties. However, any one position may not cover all duties listed; examples may not cover all duties an employee is expected to perform; and other duties may be assigned.
- Assist students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- Present subject matter to students, using a variety of methods and techniques such as lecture, discussion, and one-on-one reading as directed by the teacher.
- Confer with teaching staff on progress of student(s).
- Assess student’s ability and progress as directed by teacher.
- Assist staff with record keeping, copying, filing and grading papers.
- Monitor and assist students as needed.
- Monitor and assist students in lunch room.
- Assist with loading and unloading children from buses.
- Work with teachers to develop educational material.
- Assist teacher, when directed, in communicating with parents regarding student’s progress in general.
Qualified applicants will be asked for an interview and must provide a resume and at least 2 letters of recommendation. Upon selection, employees will be required to pay for the following: $25 fingerprinting fee and $59 ODE processing fee.
Excellent benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance. Employer paid PERS
Starting Salary: $12.61 - $13.92/hr. This is a 6.5 hour per school day position. This is a TEMPORARY position for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.