JobID 9444 : School Social Worker (PL) - Leave Cover (3/17/2020 - 5/21/2020) (#2018294)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
COMPENSATION: $120 per day for the first ten (10) consecutive work days; then $150 per day for the remainder of the assignment.
- Illinois Professional Educator License with School Social Worker Endorsement
- Comprehensive knowledge of the school social work profession including associated laws, ethical issues, professional issues and standards; understanding of child development, psychopathology, social and environmental conditioning, cultural diversity and family systems.
- Ability to conduct direct and indirect intervention; effective caseload management, counseling and interviewing skills.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, families, team members, and others.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The School Social Worker provides services that strengthen home, school, and community partnerships and address barriers to learning and achievement. The School Social Worker contributes to the development of a healthy, safe, and caring environment by promoting the understanding of the social-emotional development of children and the influences of family, community, and cultural differences on student success and by implementing effective intervention strategies.
- Identifies and assesses school, home, and community factors affecting student’s school functioning.
- Serves as a liaison between families and the school to positively promote collaboration to improve student achievement.
- Completes social assessments to assist in the determination of special education services.
- Implements appropriate therapeutic strategies to effect changes in students’ behavioral and social interactions.
- Provides individual and group counseling to students and their families.
- Provides parent/guardian training on such issues as child development and teacher/parent/student communication.
- Collaborates with school staff in implementing strategies to promote student learning.
- Participates as a member of the IEP,MTSS, and other school based teams to develop interventions for promoting students’ academic success.
- Provides crisis intervention services.
- Provides social work case management for students and families.
- Provides staff consultation on behavioral-emotional-environmental issues affecting student articipation in the learning process.
- Conducts staff development on issues related to social-emotional-environmental factors that impact learning.
- Conducts social skills groups and classroom presentations on identified areas of concern for the students.
- Maintains required clinical records and submit appropriate documents for statistical reports in adherence with program standards in school social work.
- Completes risk assessments on referred students.
- Completes functional behavior assessments on identified students.
- Completes classroom observations as necessary.
- Serves as liaison with community agencies and assist in fostering communication between schools, parents/guardians, and community leaders.
- Locates and mobilizes community resources to support the educational program.
- Participates in activities that promote professional development.
- Supports and implements District policies and procedures, regulations, and administrative directives.
- Adheres to the ethical standards and codes of the profession and to the established rules, regulations, and laws governing special education.
Oswego Community Unit School District 308
4175 State Route 71, Oswego, IL 60543-8340
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246