JobID 6132 : Aide, CASE (#2017923)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
JOB TITLE: CASE Program Aide
REPORTS TO: Campus Principal
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Nonexempt
PAY GRADE: Para 4
PRIMARY PURPOSE:The Community Academic Structured Education (CASE) Program Aide position is designed for the individual who strives to work with students who are challenged with low incidence disabilities and are ready to learn skills to function independently in a living and working environment. The Community Academic Structured Education (CASE) Program Aide will assist the special education teacher to provide for physical, academic, social and instructional needs of students with disabilities in the general education classroom, special education setting and community. The work of the Community Academic Structured Education (CASE) Program Aide will be guided by the district’s curriculum, student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP) and Personal Care plans, federal, state and district policy and procedures.
All employees of Spring ISD are expected to act with integrity, support and demonstrate our core values, communicate in a clear and respectful manner and seek to continuously improve self- performance and processes.
- High school graduate or GED from an accredited institution
- 48 hours of college coursework
- Pass Spring Independent School District’s NCLB test in the areas of Reading, Writing, and Mathematics (Tests are administered after the recommendation for hire)
- Educational Aide II Certificate (or be willing to obtain)
- Ability to acquire CDL
- Associate’s (or higher) degree from an accredited college or university
- One + years of experience with children
- Previous experience as a vocational trainer or teaching aide
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Ability to work well with children
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work with children with disabilities
- Ability to collaborate with employers
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist teacher in preparation of instructional materials and classroom displays
- Assists teacher in implementing instructional plans for developing students' skills in independent living, community access and vocational training.
- Assist teacher in preparing/maintaining records/reports required by Federal, State or local laws/regulations
- Train, monitor, and coach students in classroom and in community settings.
- Assist teacher in intervening in crisis situations and restraining disruptive or dangerous student behavior as needed
- Assist teacher in working with individual students or small groups
- Assist in supervision of students throughout the school day
- Prepares a variety of documents, reports, and written materials to document student progress and performance
- Inform teacher of special needs or problems of individual students
- Transports students, using a district vehicle
- Participate in staff development and faculty meetings as assigned
- Perform all other duties as assigned
WORKING/SPECIAL CONDITIONS:The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: physical mobility, standing, prolonged sitting, some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, reaching/repetitive hand motions, and the ability to work with frequent interruptions. May be required to lift or position students with physical disabilities; control behavior through physical restraint; assist with student’s personal hygiene needs, and assist non-ambulatory students. Mental demands: Ability to maintain emotional control under stress;
ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations. May require some lifting no more than 50 lbs. Overtime is required as necessary.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
This position is funded by Federal/and or State grants, you understand that your employment is expressly conditioned on the availability of full funding for the position. If full funding becomes unavailable, your employment is subject to termination or nonrenewal, or reassignment as applicable.
Spring Independent School District
16717 ELLA BLVD, HOUSTON, TX 77090-4299
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558