JobID 5458 : Assistant Principal (Elementary School) - Pool for all positions (#2017163)
Assistant Principal for Elementary (pool-location TBD)
• Serve as an instructional leader by monitoring implementation of professional development -through classroom visitations and grade level meetings, and team planning.
• Supervise employees including serving as an instructional leader assigning and directing work, interviewing, evaluating performance, discipline and resolving issues.
• Implement and monitor school-wide behavioral expectations and policies; address safety and welfare issues by holding meetings with parents, investigating incidents, documenting findings, contacting proper authorities and conforming to legal requirements and regulations.
• Create partnerships with parents and community.
• Monitor attendance trends including overseeing truancy interventions.
• Implement instructional and assessment strategies by collecting and analyzing student achievement data, facilitating discussions amongst teachers and staff and working with the Principal and District Coaches to plan professional development.
• Address building management concerns by working with the custodial staff, office staff, teachers and District staff including implementing school-wide safety and emergency protocols.
• Collaborate and develop master schedules.
• Plan, schedule and coordinate school projects.
• Attend Special Education staffing and IEP meetings, and/or facilitate Instructional Support Team including monitoring interventions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsible for assisting the Principal with instructional and organizational leadership, direction, supervision, operations and accountability at the assigned elementary school. May assist with translation and/or communication using second language skills when possible.
Must have or be able to obtain Colorado Administrator License
Three or more years of teaching experience
Salary Range $71,058 - 90,276