JobID 3464 : Instructional Aide - SPED (#2015169)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
TITLE: INSTRUCTIONAL AIDE - SPECIAL EDUCATION
WORK SCHEDULE: 10 Months
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt/Support Staff Wage Schedule – Group C
To provide instructional support to certified teachers; to enhance the learning environment of physically/emotionally/mentally challenged students through individualized focus on learning skills.
- Assists with the preparation of instructional materials that meets the needs of special ed students;
- Assists with the preparation of group and individual activities;
- Assists with the preparation of a physical environment that meets the needs of special ed students;
- Assists with student records/attendance requirements/special reports;
- Assists substitute teachers to ensure the continuity of the learning process;
- Assists with parent activities;
- Participates in child study team, as required;
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Supervises students as assigned;
- Provides individual and group instructional support to reinforce skills;
- Provides specialized assistance as specified in IEP’s as required;
- Assists with testing to determine student placement;
- Assists with evaluation to determine student progress;
- Participates in activities that will develop positive interaction in the instructional process;
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
A. EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Associate’s degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university or a passing score on an NCLB approved paraprofessional exam;
- Less than one year of related work experience;
- Prior training or experience with special needs students desirable;
- Ability to communicate and work well with special needs children;
- CPR training desirable.
- Must have the ability to assist students with restricted mobility.
- Willingness to perform as an integral member of a successful team;
- Dedication to providing the highest level of service;
- Adherence to policies and procedures.
TIME MANAGEMENT: Must plan two to twelve weeks in advance;
STRESS MANAGEMENT: Minimal stress with some deadlines; must meet the needs of
PUBLIC CONTACT: Interacts primarily with students;
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Must use sound judgment in performing job and has access to confidential records.
EVALUATION PROCEDURE: In accordance with provisions specified in Governing Board policy.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Principal, Teacher or Site Coordinator
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply online. To view similar jobs and for more information on our District, please go to: www.susd30.us
Sahuarita Unified District
350 W Sahuarita Rd, Sahuarita, AZ 85629
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,651 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 23.13
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 143