JobID 11100 : Food Services Staff (#2015159)
Join the Cafe 233 family.
Our focus as Olathe Food Service is to provide nourishing meals to all students and customers within the District. Our goal is to prepare and serve these meals in a professional and friendly atmosphere. Our primary responsibility is to perform duties necessary for preparation, customer service, and subsequent cleanup in a fast paced environment.
7.0 Hours per day: Monday - Friday, 6:30am - 1:30pm. 167 days/year
Starting Pay: $11.95 per hour with Benefits.
Experience Job related experience is desired.
Education High School diploma or equivalent.
Clearances Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
FLSA Status Approval Date Salary Grade Non Exempt
- Required to lift at least 35 lbs.
- Arranges food and beverage items and sets up appropriate equipment for the purpose of serving assigned items to students and staff in an efficient manner.
- Attends unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and storage, food preparation and serving areas for the purpose of maintaining required sanitary conditions.
- Evaluates prepared food items for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and specifications of orders to meet preparation requirements and/or complying with mandated health standards.
- Inspects food items and/or supplies for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and specifications of orders and/or complying with mandated health standards.
- Inventories food, condiments and supplies (e.g. napkins, silverware, straws, plates, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of items required for meeting projected menu requirements.
- Maintains equipment, storage, food preparation and serving areas in a sanitary condition for the purpose of complying with current health standards.
- Monitors kitchen and cafeteria areas for the purpose of ensuring a safe and sanitary working environment.
- Performs functions of other nutritional services positions, as requested by supervisor for the purpose of ensuring adequate staff coverage within site nutritional services operations.
- Prepares food and beverage items (e.g. potatoes, rice, etc.) for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional and projected meal requirements.
- Serves one or more items of food for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional requirements and/or requests of students and school personnel.