JobID 774 : Principal (#2015074)
POSITION: Principal (2020-2021)
LOCATION: Alice Coachman Elementary School
Serves as the instructional and operational leader of Alice Coachman Elementary School. The Principal provides the vision and leadership to promote and sustain high academic achievement for all students and successfully carry out the implementation of the school and district strategic plans; exhibits thorough knowledge and practice of instructional leadership pertaining to instructional and assessment program; displays proficiency in the integration of instructional technology; demonstrates operational and financial acumen; and deals sensitively and responsibly with the community, central office departments, and all internal and external stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree in Education is required; higher degree is preferred.
- Successful track record as a Principal, preferred.
- Hold or be eligible for the appropriate Georgia Leadership Certification in the area of Educational Leadership.
- Minimum three years of successful experience in public school administration and/or supervision, plus a minimum of five years of certified school experience required.
- Ability to organize programs, personnel, and activities required for productive learning in the school.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills in rendering solutions to various issues.
- Ability to manage financial, material, and human resources effectively.
- Proven ability to make recommendations on various topics, detailed, controversial, simple or complex.
- Ability to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate program goals and initiatives.
- Ability to exercise strict confidence in handling sensitive information.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and the Board may find appropriate.
- Set the general tone of the school.
- Works with the assistant principal, counselors, and faculty to establish and maintain an educational program consistent with the District’s and school’s philosophy, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Organizes and coordinates programs, tasks, and materials to enhance student learning and teacher effectiveness.
- Manages the execution of the strategic plan and school improvement plan.
- Coordinates stakeholder groups such as PTO and the Local School Governance Team.
- Represents the school to the community at large.
- Prepares budgets for the general school account; approves and supervises all expenditures within the school.
- Interviews, recommends employment, supervises and evaluates school personnel.
- Maintains student discipline by establishing rules and regulations for proper student conduct that are consistent with the policies of the Board.
- Assesses the strengths of the school, identifies the weaknesses, and takes supportive or corrective action as the situation demands.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
SALARY RANGE: Competitive salary and excellent benefits package, in accordance to the DCSS compensation guide.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applicants will begin on February 14, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
THE DOUGHERTY COUNTY SCHOOL SYSTEM DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, AGE, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN OR DISABILITY
The System reserves the right to waive any qualifications or other provisions of this advertisement by statute or regulations.
Dougherty County School System uses the ApplicantTracking system from Aspex Solutions to manage employment applications online.
The Dougherty County School System is a leading catalyst and advocate for public education in Southwest Georgia. It's the largest school system in the second congressional district. The school district has 21 schools (14 elementary, 4 middle and 3 high schools), five learning centers and the Commodore Conyers College & Career Academy. All schools are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Georgia Accrediting Commission (GAC). The DCSS offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Dougherty County is recognized for its quail and duck hunting, fishing, the Flint River and many cypress swamps. The County has a population of approximately 90,000. Our County has two institutions of higher education, Albany State University and Albany Technical College. Notable points of interests include the Albany Museum of Art, the Flint RiverQuarium; the Albany Civil Rights Institute; the Parks at Chehaw; Radium Springs Gardens; and Thronateeska Heritage Center, which includes the Museum of History, Wetherbee Planetarium, and the Science Discovery Center. Dougherty County is a short drive to Atlanta, the Georgia coast, as well as the Florida Gulf Coast beaches.