JobID 852 : Site Aide (#2014770)
HOURLY RATE: $12.28
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 15
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 1055
POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT
LOCATION: Thornton, CO
SUMMARY: Assists site director and leaders to lead and supervise children in various programs (BASE Program, Bright Horizons, Preschool, and 21st Century Community Learning Center) during child care, education, and recreational activities and during field trips. Duties include providing direction, guidance and assistance to students; effectively handling student discipline situations; ensuring student safety and security; communicating with parents, staff, teachers, site director and site leader; opening, closing and securing school building; preparing snacks; may provide infant and child care including feeding and diapering; cleaning classroom areas; recording attendance; assisting sick or injured students; and creating new activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency and percentage of time may vary based on building assignment.
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Assist site directors and or leaders to care for, supervise, guide and assist students during child care, crafts, art projects, games and other educational activities to provide developmental stimulation and meet the children’s needs. Monitor student behavior during activities, effectively handle student discipline situations and encourage and support positive behavior.
2. Assist site directors and leaders to observe the children and monitor the security of the building at all times to ensure the children’s health and safety. Distribute medicine to students as directed and provide general First Aid when needed. May provide infant and child care including diapering, cleaning and feeding as necessary or appropriate.
3. Assist with creating interesting activities that ensure participation of students.
4. Assist site directors and leaders to communicate with parents, staff, and teachers regarding child behavior or program information. Record attendance and contact parents regarding absent students.
5. Assist site directors and leaders to call parents to get authorization for an unauthorized adult to pick up the student from the program. Check identification of adult.
6. Assist site directors and leaders to open and close school building and secure school building at the end of the program by locking doors and turning off lights.
7. Assist site directors and leaders to prepare snacks and clean the activity and kitchen areas after use.
8. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Must be at least 16 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• CPR, First Aid and Universal Precautions Certifications are required within 90 days after entering position.
• May be required to complete current state required annual continuing education (presently 15 hours minimum) related to one or more of the following: child growth and development, health and safe environment, developmentally appropriate practices, guidance, family relationships, cultural and individual diversity, and professionalism.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 5 steps (maximum Step 6) based on their previous experience. See our Classified Salary Schedule.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date).
To learn more about our benefits, please see our Benefits Overview.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.