JobID 210 : Special Education (Inclusion) Teacher (#2014573)
To provide an approved educational program for all students; to establish a class environment that fosters learning and personal growth; to help pupils develop the necessary skills, knowledge, and attitudes needed to provide a strong foundation for continued education; and to maintain professional relationships with parents and other staff members.
1. Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate in Subject Area Endorsement or Certificate of Eligibility.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of subject specialty and Effective teaching methods.
3. Ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Proficiency with technology resources.
6. Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
Principal and Designated Administrators.
Pupils, and when assigned, student teachers and classroom aides.
1. Works to achieve state core curriculum content standards and district educational goals and objectives by promoting active learning and student skill development. Teaches pupils through an approved course of study using Board-adopted curricula, textbooks and other appropriate teaching materials.
2. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides opportunities for individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
3. Sets specific objectives wherever possible in lesson preparation, submits weekly lesson plans in electronic format, and carries through presentation design to effectively achieve these objectives.
4. Assesses pupil academic progress and personal growth toward stated objectives of instruction.
5. Maintains records of pupils’ educational progress in electronic grade books and summarizes these marks for district reporting purposes in accordance with district procedures.
6. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and resolving learning problems.
7. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a classroom climate conducive to learning.
8. Budgets class time effectively.
9. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to inform them about the school program and to discuss pupil progress.
10. Checks voice mail and email on a daily basis and responds to parental inquiries in a timely manner.
11. Devises written and oral assignments, tests, quizzes, and final exams that require analytical and critical thinking as well as the reproduction of facts.
12. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities as assigned.
13. Maintains professional competence and continuous improvement through in-service education and other professional growth activities.
14. Participates in school-level planning, faculty meetings, department meetings, committees, and other school system groups.
15. Participates in curriculum development, review, and revision process as directed.
16. Makes effective use of community resources to enhance the instructional program.
17. Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations and procedures, and policies of the Board of Education.
18. Performs other duties within the scope of his/her employment and certification as may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Work year and salary to be determined by the Board of Education.