JobID 978 : Stage Manager, Westonka Community Theatre - Westonka Community Education and Services (#2014510)
Westonka Community Theatre
The Westonka Community Theatre (WCT) is seeking a Stage Manager for our summer production, The Wizard of Oz. The production is scheduled for July 23-26, 2020 in our new, state of the art 600 seat Westonka Performing Arts Center. The stage manager will be responsible for assisting the director in overseeing the logistics of a theater performance. A stage manager job description requires strong organizational skills, the willingness to work long hours during rehearsals, and the ability to multitask.
A stage manager acts as a liaison amongst the various individuals involved in a theater production, including the director, actors, costume designer, and technical department, and ensures that all elements of the performance run smoothly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Stage Manager
- Assists director in reviewing audition material.
- Posts cast and crew lists.
- Contacts understudies in the event that a primary actor is sick or injured.
- Maintains and manages rehearsal calendar.
- Researches and memorizes scripts and background information on the production itself.
- Assists director in overseeing technical run-throughs directly prior to a performance.
- Works with the costume department to ensure that all costumes and props are correct and delivered on time.
- Instructs lighting and technical support team on the timing and execution of aesthetic or special effects.
- Oversees the organization and design of the stage prior to performances.
- Assists in setting up props and other items for a production.
- Addresses and resolves any technical difficulties during rehearsals and performances.
- Ensures that all actors and actresses are prepared for a performance.
- Provides stage directions and cues to actors during rehearsals and performances as necessary.
- Maintains log of daily rehearsal activity, script changes, and official performances.
- Ensure that all stunts and technical details are executed safely.
- Reports logistical problems to the director or producer.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates familiarity with the logistics of a theatrical production.
- Is familiar with the basic function of lighting and technical details.
- Demonstrates specific knowledge of the script and stage directions for the production.
- Is willing and able to work long hours and nontraditional shifts.
- Works well with a team.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Manages time efficiently.
- Demonstrates ability to multitask on an ongoing basis.
- Possesses physical stamina required to remain standing, walking, and moving for long periods of time.
- Exhibits knowledge of proper production safety procedures.
Salary Stipend: $1,750.00 upon completion of the production
We welcome qualified candidates to submit the following by April 24, 2020.
- Application through the Westonka School District Website
- Personal letter of interest
- Professional resume