JobID 5252 : Title 1 Math Specialist - Avondale- 2020-2021 School Year (#2013868)
Posted 2 months ago
General Position Information
Position Department: Approved LTS Campus
Reports To: Campus Principal
Our Mission and Purpose: Legacy Traditional schools is dedicated to providing motivated students with the opportunity to achieve academic excellence in an accelerated, back-to-basics, safe learning environment taught by caring, knowledgeable, and highly effective educators in cooperation with supportive, involved parents.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
- Deep and broad understanding of mathematical content, including the specialized knowledge needed for teaching.
- Solid knowledge of the elementary and middle school context.
- Expertise in using and helping others use effective instructional and assessment practices that are informed by knowledge of mathematical learning trajectories.
- Knowledge and skills for working with adult & child learners.
- Leadership skills necessary to influence and support educational efforts to improve the teaching and learning of mathematics.
- Assists administrators, teachers, and school staff in implementing and monitoring a comprehensive mathematics program.
- Collects and maintains appropriate records of student progress and provides timely and accurate oral and written feedback to teachers, school staff, students, and parents.
- Uses a variety of data to evaluate abilities and disabilities of students and works independently and with classroom teachers and school staff to adjust their instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Serves as a member of the school math committee and data team to design, implement, and monitor the school mathematics plan.
- Coordinates the school’s Title 1 mathematics program if applicable.
- Maintains an inventory of mathematics intervention instructional and professional materials.
- Creates a classroom environment conducive to positive, effective instruction.
- Facilitates instruction based on current research-based best practices in mathematics.
- Uses district and state assessment data to improve instruction.
- Provides individual diagnostic testing to assess student needs.
- Participates in team reviews concerning academic progress of at-risk students
- Attends scheduled meetings and parent conferences as needed.
- Plans and implements a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students.
- Communicates objectives to students in a well-planned, organized manner using clear and precise language.
- Communicates concerns and ideas with colleagues, students, parents and community in a positive, professional and ethical manner.
- Maintains accurate, complete, legible and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
- Assumes individual responsibilities which may be assigned by the principal/supervisor and which may relate to committee work, student activities, student supervision or other planning and professional assignments.
- Valid certification/endorsement in area of mathematics or eligibility for certification
- Ability to receive and obtain a Level One IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
- Experience with Arizona and Nevada State Standards
- Experience with balanced mathematics program, preferably Math in Focus Program
- Ability to analyze and use data to design, modify, and evaluate mathematics curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Experience in a school leadership role
- Three or more years of experience as a Mathematics Teacher
- Experience and other qualifications as specified by the Superintendent school, to improve mathematics teaching and learning.
- Travel between campuses is required from time to time.
- This position requires the need to lift objects (up to 25 pounds) on occasion.
- This position requires standing for long periods at times, sitting, kneeling, stooping and long periods of concentration.
- As funds allow, this is a Title I federally-funded position with responsibilities that align to federal requirements. The continuation of this position will be revisited annually based on funding.
We are also hiring the following positions for 2019-2020 School Year:
1-3rd Grade Teachers
4th Grade Teachers
5th Grade Teachers
6th Grade Teachers
?Junior High Teachers:
7th Grade Teachers
8th Grade Teachers
See another position that interests you? Apply today