JobID 3233 : Long-Term Substitute Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) Teacher (#2013743)
Summary: Responsible for scheduling, planning instruction, and/or adaptation of the education program to enable students to benefit from educational experiences. Travel required: this position will be assigned to the Kinder Connect Program at Horace Mann & Roosevelt Elementary and the Early Childhood Special Education Pre-School Program at the Agassiz Complex.
- Strong background in positive behavioral supports.
- High interest in serving students with complex behaviors.
- Experience working with special education students.
- Strong communication skills both expressive and receptive.
- Willingness to work with Board Certified Behavior Analyst and other outside entities who may provide support.
- Bachelor’s degree and North Dakota Teaching License required; early childhood special education endorsement preferred - Candidates with regular education early childhood licensure who are willing to put a plan on file for special education, take the Praxis, or have a minor in special education are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of current programming trends in special education.
- Working knowledge of functional behavior assessments and behavior intervention plans.
- Experience in supervising paraeducators/paraprofessionals.
External applicants are eligible for ND Veteran’s Preference. North Dakota veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability.
The Fargo Public School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, marital status, public assistance status, sexual orientation, gender expression/identity, or participation in lawful activity off the employer’s premises during non-working hours which is not in direct conflict with the essential business-related interests of the employer in its education/activities and employment practices. The Fargo Public Schools seek to provide access to all its programs for those interested persons who might have differing levels of ability. This includes those with impaired vision and hearing loss.