JobID 2220 : Paraprofessional (#2012964)
TITLE: Paraprofessional – General Education
Applicant must have minimum of 60 college credits or a passing score on the ParaPro Assessment.
Under the supervision of the building principals and the oversight of a certified teacher or other certified staff, the paraprofessional assists/reinforces student instruction, behavior, social skills, community-based instruction, and activities of daily living. A paraprofessional may also assist with clerical and other related tasks to the instruction of students with special needs.
- Supports students by reinforcing personal, social, behavioral, and academic learning goals. This may include assisting students with self-care tasks in the areas of eating, dressing, and toileting.
- Assists with classroom management, providing students with needed positive behavioral supports.
- Supports student participation in class activities providing prompting, cueing, modeling, and coaching as needed.
- Promotes student independence, fading supports when appropriate; helping students develop competence and self-confidence.
- Assists school staff in maintaining a safe and effective learning environment for academic and non-academic settings (i.e. lunchrooms, study halls, playgrounds and buses).
- Observes the actions of students and provides input and collects data, when required.
- Provides minor clerical assistance to certified staff.
- Accepts field trip, before and after school assignments if available.
- Maintains confidentiality of students at all times.
- Performs other related duties as required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and work year to be determined by the Board of Education.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board’s policy on non-certificated staff.