JobID 306 : Elementary Behavior Interventionist (#2012663)
Join Ames Community School District, where your journey matters! We are seeking an Anticipated Elementary Behavior Interventionist for the 2020-2021 school year.
The mission of the Ames Community School District is to ensure that all learners develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, values, and personal esteem necessary to grow in and shape a changing society.
- Teaches staff common solutions for varied behaviors of students in general education and special education settings including data collection and analysis.
- Provides training and support to teachers to ensure expectations are taught, reinforced, and monitored at the school-wide level.
- Provides training and support to teachers on the critical features and essential practices of behavior management in classroom settings.
- Communicates positive behavioral interventions and supports activities at faculty meetings.
- Collects, maintains, and analyzes behavior data.
- Networks with other behavior coaches.
- Supports teachers to implement with fidelity research-based intervention strategies and intervention programs designed to improve the behavior of targeted students at all three tiers of intervention.
- Provides Tiers II and III targeted behavior interventions in small group and/or one-on-one instructional settings.
- Provides strong leadership to the school in positive behavioral interventions and supports.
- Coordinates intensive intervention plans and resources for students requiring Tier III behavioral interventions.
- Participates in professional learning activities.
- Attends work on a consistent and punctual basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- K-5 Strategist I or K-12 Strategist I or Strategist II BD/LD.
- Elementary teaching experience preferred.
- Ability to pass a background check required.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Candidates, please follow the link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/amesk12/OnlineApp/JobPostings/View.asp?AppliTrackJobId=306
All employees of the Ames Community School District must pass a background check. ACSD is an E-Verify employer.
To learn more about the Ames Community School District, visit our websites: