JobID 436 : Mild Interventions Secondary Teacher (#2012101)
Immediate Supervisor: Principal, Exceptional Learning Administration
Terms of Employment: 183 days. Salary and benefits determined by the Griffith Public Schools Collective Bargaining Agreement
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Summary: The primary function of a teacher is to provide an engaging, quality educational experience for the students. The Teacher of Record must be able to perform the attached essential job functions and satisfactorily demonstrate the competencies for certified staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. The individuals currently holding this position perform additional duties, and additional duties may be assigned.
- Provides direct and/or indirect services to assigned students according to the IEP or ISP.
- Participates in the case conference committee meeting. Formulates assessments that are meaningful and monitors student progress.
- Develops IEPs including measurable goals, benchmarks and objectives to meet student needs.
- Monitors the implementation of the student’s IEP or Service Plan to each of the student’s teachers, related service providers and other service providers who are responsible for the implementation of the IEP or Service Plan.
- Coordinates and collaborates with general education teachers, diagnostic staff, teachers of service(s) and related service staff/professionals to complete initial evaluations and reevaluation of students within the required time line.
- Ensures any accommodations on statewide or district assessments are implemented according to the student’s IEP.
- Directs and evaluates paraprofessionals as assigned for the purpose of providing appropriate support to meet student needs.
- Collects reports and makes data-driven decisions for student goals and progress monitoring.
- Coordinates development and implementation of the Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA) and Behavior Improvement Plan (BIP) as needed
- Develops lesson plans to meet each specific child’s needs.
- Facilitates communications with parents, guardians, or educational surrogate parents in a timely manner.
- Communicates with building principal about students.
- Follows IDEA, Article 7 rules, regulations, as well as policies/procedures outlined by the building principal and Griffith Public Schools.
- Attends all staff development sessions at the building and district level.
- Remains informed of educational pedagogy for the classroom and the content area that is being taught.
- Serves as the Teacher of Service and/or Teacher of Record as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required through the students’ IEP needs.
Qualifications: Listed below are the minimum qualifications for this job, though an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience may be accepted.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in job related area.
- Current Indiana State Teaching License on file in the central office.
- Successful student teaching experience in the areas of exceptionality.
- Proficiency with curriculum software and possess a basic knowledge of special education laws and regulations
- Desire to continue career improvement.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
- Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials.
- Occasional stooping, bending and reaching.
- Must work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work is generally performed indoors.
- The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substances in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the Corporation.