JobID 6091 : Aide, Special Education (#2010808)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Days Per Year: 187
JOB TITLE: Special Education Aide
REPORTS TO: Campus Principal
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Non-Exempt
PAY GRADE: Pay grade 2
The Special Education Aide is responsible for assisting the teacher in the supervision and instruction of students with special needs.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support and demonstrate our core values, communicate in a clear and respectful manner and seek to continuously improve self-performance and processes.
- High School Graduate or GED from an accredited institution
- Pass Spring Independent School District’s NCLB test in the area of Reading, Writing, and Mathematics (Tests are administered after the recommendation for hire)
- Educational Aide II Certification
- Completion of at least two years of study at an institution or higher defined as 48 hours of college coursework and
- 1 yr job related experience
- Ability to work well with children
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to understand students with special needs
- Assist teacher in preparation of instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assist teacher in adapting classroom instruction to support and/or reinforce student objectives.
- Assist teacher in preparing/maintaining records/reports required by Federal, State or local laws/regulations.
- Assist teacher in maintaining order and discipline in classroom.
- Assist in individual and small group instruction.
- Participate in staff development and faculty meetings as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The usual and customary methods of performing this job require the following:
Job may require prolonged periods of time sitting, moderate standing, stooping, bending, reaching and repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer. Ability to maintain emotional control under stress. May require some lifting no more than 10lbs. Overtime is required as necessary.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Spring Independent School District
16717 ELLA BLVD, HOUSTON, TX 77090-4299
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558