JobID 9551 : School Social Worker (#2009497)
School Social Worker, Heath Middle School
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: Certified (Negotiable based on experience) Salary
Reports to: Social Emotional Learning Facilitator
Contract Length/ Days: (2019-2020/ 188)
Date Posted: January 29, 2020
Deadline for application: Until-Filled (Applicant screening will begin no later than 02/05/2020. Applications are still accepted until the position is filled; however, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible).
- Master's Degree from an accredited school in social work or counseling.
- Licensed by Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA), preferred.
- Successful completion of CPI training (Can be obtained after hire)
- Eligibility for Colorado Department of Education licensure in School Social Work
- Experience in related field
- Post-master's working with children/adolescents and their families
To utilize social work training and skills in providing direct services, both preventative and remedial to students, targeting individual, group and family needs. To work with problems in a student's living situation that affect the student's adjustment in school. The successful candidate will mobilize family, school, and community resources to enable the child to learn as effectively as possible in his or her education programming. To serve as liaison with community agencies to facilitate referrals and to collaborate with these agencies in order to expand resources and services to students and families. To facilitate crisis team meetings at individual sites and provide crisis intervention as needed. To provide professional development training to staff on trauma, behavior needs and other strategies to assist in working with students. Participate in the MTSS process, provide interventions and connect families to resources as appropriate. Prefer specialization/interest in either childhood or adolescence Experience with DSM-V diagnosis and intake assessment. Experience providing empirically supported therapeutic interventions and solid counseling theoretical orientation. Familiarity with risk/threat screening and assessment. Ability to perform all functions of the position.
- Provide individual casework/case management to students and parents to alleviate conditions, which interfere with student's learning.
- Provide individual, group and family counseling services based on individual student needs, Individualized Education Programs, and MTSS recommendations.
- Serve as the primary liaison with parents or guardians of identified students involving and informing other team members to ensure close and regular communication.
- Seek and maintain a high level of contact and collaboration with external mental health providers and other community agencies (e.g. DHS, NRBH, private therapists, GAL and court systems) regarding students and services.
- Organize and participate in site CART (Child Abuse Reporting Team) / Crisis Team meetings to discuss child abuse reports, suicide and threat assessments and other student concerns at the site level. The development of this team will include establishing crisis procedures according to district policies and procedures.
- Conduct in-service programs for staff, parents and community groups on mental health needs, school interventions, and behavior management and social skills strategies.
- Document all services provided with rationale and treatment goals.
- Assist with program development and evaluation.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
Ability to sit for long periods of time, numerous distractions, visual, auditory and ambulatory acuity important
Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.