JobID 972 : Hearing Impairment Specialist (#2007728)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
|Supervisor:||Ms. Kimbery Judge, Director of Special Education|
|Employment Period:||10 months|
|Start Date:||August 2020|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide in-service training to administrators, support staff, teachers and parents regarding the characteristics and educational implications of a hearing loss
- Work collaboratively with building staff and parents to monitor the impact the hearing loss may have on the student’s educational progress
- Monitor student’s audiological needs.
- Possess the knowledge and ability to interpret audiological evaluations
- Develop and implement IEPs
- Develop and maintain required records and reports
- Follow procedures, practices, materials and equipment usage required to provide appropriate learning experiences for assigned students
- Performs related duties as required
- Collegiate Professional or Postgraduate Professional License with an endorsement in Hearing Impairment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively using different modalities such sign language, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with professionals, parents and other community members, both orally and in writing.
- Must demonstrate organizational, planning and human relations skills.
You may apply anytime before midnight on the closing date. Please upload the following documents:
- Resume (required to be uploaded)
- Reference forms completed by all persons listed as references (minimum of two)
- License (if issued)
Only complete applications will be considered.
Hampton City Schools does not discriminate in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability or other protected class. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Executive Director of Human Resources, One Franklin Street, Hampton, VA 23669; (757) 727-2300Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
Hampton City Public Schools
1 Franklin Street, Hampton, VA 23669-3570
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801