Teacher - Youth Services (#2006113)
We are recruiting for a Teacher to serve the Cowlitz County Juvenile Detention Center. This position is full time, limited duration through the end of the 2019-2020 school year.
General Responsibilities Under the general direction of the School Programs Director, the Youth Services teacher designs and implements curriculum, instruction, assessment, and behavior management strategies to facilitate learning and promote positive behavior change for at risk high school students.
- Design lesson plans using researched based teaching strategies and alternative education best practices that meet Washington state essential academic learning requirements and meet student's individualized goals and objectives.
- Facilitate skill-building in the areas of personal and social development including: goal setting, conflict resolution, anger management, decision making, communication and team building in conjunction with other staff.
- Design, implement, and continuously adjust instructional strategies to meet student individualized goals and objectives.
- Communicate with school personnel and gather information regarding educational needs.
- Design assessment strategies and collect continuous performance data to assess progress on student goals and objectives.
- Create and maintain a classroom environment and behavior management plan that facilitates learning and promotes positive student behaviors.
- Design and implement work-based projects that enhance educational and personal development goals and provides a service to the community.
- Work cooperatively and communicate with program staff, community resource team and parents.
- Gather data and prepare required reports and records.
- Establish and interpret student performance results on general equivalency test exams.