JobID 176 : Elementary Teacher Gem Prep: Pocatello (#2005899)
Posted 24 days ago
|Job Position:||Elementary Teachers||School:||Gem Prep: Pocatello|
|Type:||Certified - Instructional||Email:||email@example.com|
|Full Time/Part Time:||Full-Time||Start Date:||August 1, 2020|
Are you interested in making a significant impact in students’ lives? Would you like to be part of a team that is committed to do whatever it takes to make every student successful? Gem Prep is seeking an entrepreneurial spirit who is committed to excellence and has a desire to join a fast-growing team.
Gem Prep is a K- 12 college preparatory school. At least sixty percent of Gem Prep students will graduate high school with an associate’s degree and the remainder will graduate with at least 18 college credits. During the elementary years, Gem Prep believes in building a strong academic foundation to prepare students for the rigorous learning environment in grades 7-12
Gem Prep views itself as a catalyst for changing K-12 education in Idaho, with an impact that extends beyond our schools to benefit students throughout the state. Our focus is to improve post-secondary preparedness and achievement for all students. Gem Prep Schools are part of the Gem Innovation Schools organization that serves K-12 students throughout Idaho, operating four charter schools in Nampa, Meridian and Pocatello and a statewide virtual school. See www.gemprep.org for more information.
Gem Prep students develop the following competencies by the time they graduate high school. Gem Prep staff are expected to possess each of these same competencies.
- Self-Aware, Self-Directed and Self-Disciplined
- Creative Problem-Solver
- Skilled Communicator and Collaborator
The teacher plans and delivers classroom instruction, which consists of both digital and face to face components. They are responsible for planning, preparing, and delivering instruction, ensuring the success of all students. Data and collaboration are used to create a powerful learning experience for every student.
Planning and Preparation
- Set high expectations of achievement that are ambitious and measurable for students
- Prepare intellectually by internalizing high-quality lessons before delivering them in order to ensure that all students are getting excellent instruction tailored to their needs
- Determine how students spend instructional time within fixed rotation schedule (i.e., digital software for knowledge and skill acquisition, large and small groups with teacher, etc.)
- Plan each day to utilize every minute as learning time
- Utilize assessments that accurately measure student progress
- Hold students accountable for high expectations of behavior and engagement that are ambitious and measurable
- Create physical classroom environments conducive to collaborative and individual learning
- Establish a culture of respect, enthusiasm, and rapport
- Hold students accountable for ambitious, measurable standards of academic achievement
- Identify and address individual students’ social, emotional, and behavioral learning needs and barriers
- Identify and address individual students’ development of organizational and time-management skills
- Invest students in their learning using a variety of techniques
- Communicate with students and parents, keeping them informed of students’ progress
- Other duties as assigned
- Solicit and eagerly receive feedback from supervisor and team members to improve professional skills
- Collaborate with other teachers to analyze data, group students, teach, and assign interventions
- Participate in professional development opportunities at school
- Maintain availability outside of classroom time to provide student support (i.e. lunch hour, evenings, weekend, etc.)
- Participate in student recruitment activities and events
Working at Gem Prep
Gem Prep focuses on hiring and developing great employees with high expectations and provides robust support to meet those expectations. Gem Prep expects the following:
- Results. Gem Prep works relentlessly to create efficient, measurable, and sustainable results. We strive for excellence and pursue our mission tenaciously. Ideally, you thrive working in a fluid environment where flexibility and tenacity are required.
- Innovation. We embrace new approaches and ideas that have a powerful impact on learning and teaching, achieving success for every student. We believe that today’s students need schools that dramatically rethink the traditional learning and teaching process for the success of every student. The status quo is not acceptable.
- Integrity. We are truthful, fair, and trustworthy in all aspects of our work. We expect the same of you.
- Humility. If you are humble and teachable, this will be a powerful learning experience for you. Your humility will be key to building trusted and authentic relationships as well as the key to your professional growth. We also understand that you bring valuable experiences and knowledge that will lift our team.
- Teamwork. We value each of our team members as individuals but believe that we achieve the greatest results by working together.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid Idaho teaching certificate endorsed in All Subjects K-8, or ability to obtain.
FLSA Status: Exempt