JobID 1263 : Library Aide (#2005372)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Entry Salary - $11.31/hour
Benefits as are customary with this ESP position.
Must have a Paraprofessional License registered with the Lee/Ogle/Whiteside County Regional Office of Education #47.
- Maintenance of computerized cataloging records for library.
- Book circulation; re-shelving materials, Inter-Library loan
- Create bibliographies for teachers' units/circulate bibliographic collections to grade levels.
- Create a positive environment with displays, positive staff/student interaction
- Readers advisory- requiring knowledge of current units of study to help students with assignments
- Research consulting with students,
- Acquisition: Library aides are responsible for analyzing current collections, weeding, and selection of appropriate materials to support curriculum in each building. (These are not required at SHS)
- (SHS) Maintain some smaller portable devices, downloading audio books, movies etc.
- Book processing – stamp, enter holdings data locally, and (at SHS) report holdings to the RAILS library system.
Sterling Community Unit School District 5
410 E Le Fevre Rd, Sterling, IL 61081-1391
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246