JobID 3803 : Vocational Health Occupation - Health Science Teacher (CTE) - Northbrook High - School Year 2020-2021 (#2004714)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Spring Branch Independent School District
Vocational Health Occupation - Health Science Teacher (CTE)
Job Title: Vocational Health Occupation - Health Science Teacher (CTE) Reports To: Building Principal Classification: Professional Wage/Hour Status: Exempt Days: 188 Salary: See Compensation Plan for New Hire Guide for Teachers Contract: Probationary/Term Date Revised: 12/4/2019 Primary Purpose: Work together with fellow health science teachers, campus administration and the CTE department to deliver quality instruction by executing duties and other activities relating to the HST program. Qualifications/Skills: Education/Certification:
- Health Science teaching certificate based on the standards approved by the State Board for Educator Certification from an approved educator preparation program (EPP).
- Current licensure, certification, or registration by a nationally recognized accrediting agency as a health professions practitioner.
- Associate or more advanced degree from an accredited institution.
- Two years of full-time wage-earning experience in your licensed occupational field, verified by your EPP.
- Certification must meet requirements for becoming and remaining qualified for this position in a manner required by Federal and/or State law.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the effective use of technology and software related to the health science program.
- Contribute to continued development of an up to date, relevant Health Science program and provide vision for future needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with students, peers, parents, administrators, community, district leaders and others.
- Ability to effectively teach and work with high school students, peers and other professionals.
- Have a working knowledge of the objectives and TEKS of courses in the program.
Responsibilities: Instructional Strategies:
- Teach and enhance classes that meet the need for priority occupations in health science while integrating the academic core into a meaningful, relevant curriculum.
- Utilize various learning techniques including our learning management system and web resources for online access and personalized learning for student success.
- Utilize project based learning as the main component of learning and reinforcement in all classes.
- Conduct and maintain effective and active instruction, displaying techniques of effective classroom management that create a positive learning environment.
- Engage in regular and systematic planning for classes with fellow teachers.
- Maintain accurate student records and submit local, state, and federal reports in a timely manner.
- Adhere to the district's philosophy of instruction by developing and implement lesson plans as required, assessing student learning styles and using results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teacher to integrate modifications as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Teach and help students develop and master soft skills and other intangibles for success in any career.
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Prepare to and through students testing to earn an approved technical certification in the field.
- Sponsor/co-sponsor an approved student leadership club and promote student participation in competitive events.
- Be a positive role model for students and support the mission of school district.
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students.
- Present meaningful, relevant curriculum in an effective classroom and lab instructional setting that maintains discipline and provides a positive, safe learning environment.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities. Assist in the selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials.
- Plan and organize program budget expenses and maintain accurate financial records of fundraising and expenses of student activity account.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Maintain industry and post-secondary relations that promote course articulation, dual credit, and work-based learning opportunities by maintaining an advisory committee that meets periodically and annually review program needs and curriculum updates.
- Collaborate with principals, teachers and advisory boards.
- Work with counselors, staff, parents and students to develop recruitment plan and monitor enrollment.
- Promote the program by providing communications about activities and events that will assist in actively recruiting potential students from other schools for school and department websites.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities: Supervise students in classrooms, labs and other designated areas. Equipment Used:
Cross-platform computers, copy machine, audio-visual machines and computer components and equipment. Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Manage students in multiple areas in program that includes off-campus locations.
- Respond to frequent and multiple parent inquiries.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Spend many hours on feet walking or standing in multiple locations.
- Lifting and moving equipment and supplies as needed.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.
Spring Branch Independent School District
955 CAMPBELL RD, HOUSTON, TX 77024-2803
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558