JobID 191 : Naperville opportunity for special education teacher for 1:1 instruction! (#2001734)
We are urgently looking for special education teachers (LBS1 certified) who want daytime work (during the regular school day) for a family of home bound medical students in Naperville, IL. Tutoring will be conducted between the hours of 8:15 am and 2:30 pm. Ideally we are looking for one candidate to work a full schedule (Monday- Friday, 8:15 am- 2:30 pm) but the position can also be split among a couple of teachers if you want to work only a few days per week. We hope to hear from you soon!
Especially encouraged to apply:
- Tutors with specific intervention training experience such as Touch Math, Rush Executive Functioning, Reading Recovery, Orton-Gillingham, and/or Wilson.
- Special education teachers (LBS1 certified/school psychologists) who want afterschool hours
- Special education teachers (LBS1 certified/school psychologists) who want a flexible, part-time schedule with students during the school day in either home or school settings. This can be a great fit for retired special educators.
- Educators who have experience supporting students with executive functioning needs (organization, time management, task completion, etc.)
- Special education teachers who teach high school level math and science
- School psychologists
- Educators who love keeping data on their programs!
- Design and deliver evidence-driven academic instruction for students (PreK-12).
- Conduct assessments of current student skills to determine academic needs (using interviews, record reviews, curriculum-based assessments, etc.).
- Design and deliver evidence-driven social-emotional support if needed (behavior plans, social stories, on/off task monitoring, etc.).
- Monitor student progress and communicate progress to clients and parents (and school if requested by parents).
- Collaborate with other tutors about specific cases to offer and receive support.
Submit cover letter and resume. Please specify which areas of Chicago and/or suburbs (with zip codes) you would be willing to travel and any training and expertise relevant to the position.
* * * * *
In a July 2019 survey of our tutors, 100 percent would recommend tutoring with us to a friend and the average satisfaction with the job was 95/100!
The Chicago Home Tutor provides a supportive, flexible, and collaborative working environment. Here’s what some of our tutors have to say:
"Working for Chicago Home Tutor for the last three years has been an amazing experience! As a school psychologist/parent who currently stays home with kids, it has been perfect to be able to supplement our family income with both daytime work and work during afterschool hours. Laura, the founder, is so flexible and accommodating, and I only take on cases that are the right fit for me and my schedule. It’s also been beneficial to keep my skills up-to-date. I’m so grateful to have found this company!"- Claire R.
“Working for CHT has been great. The owner Laura, and everyone else at CHT, is very helpful and supportive. The students/families I work with are very rewarding and engaging. CHT offers tremendous flexibility with opportunities all throughout the day, throughout the city and suburbs. It’s the most fun I’ve had teaching—I highly recommend you give it a try!”- Mike K.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $40.00 to $50.00 /hour