JobID 216 : Substitute Teacher (#2001303)
Posted 2 months ago
ELLINWOOD PUBLIC SCHOOLS-USD 355 JD 1115
ELLINWOOD, KS 67526
ELLINWOOD, KS 67526
SUBSTITUTE CLASSROOM INSTRUCTOR
Purpose: The Substitute Classroom Instructor creates a positive learning environment to facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students in the absence of the regular instructor. In order to respond to the individual needs and abilities of students, the Substitute Classroom Instructor must work closely with other staff and the administration of Ellinwood Public Schools.
Responsible To: Building Principal
Compensation: Daily rate as established by the Board of Education
Employment: As needed by the building
Updated: September 2019
- Required college credit hours from an accredited college/university.
- Current Kansas State Substitute Teaching License.
- Desire to continue career improvement.
- Necessary leadership and management skills to provide direction to all facets of classroom operations.
- Use planning and preparation time effectively.
- Promote a positive classroom environment.
- Provide quality instruction.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional responsibilities.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Support the value of an education.
- Support the philosophy and mission of Ellinwood Public Schools.
- Comply with all district policies, rules and regulations.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Requires the ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods.
- Occasionally requires the ability to manually move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials.
- Occasional requires the ability to stoop, bend and reach.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Must be able to work in noisy and crowded environments.
Substitute Classroom Instructor Page Two
- Demonstrate knowledge of content and pedagogy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of students.
- Demonstrate knowledge of resources.
- Implement effective lessons in the absence of the Classroom Instructor.
- Follow lesson plans made by Classroom Instructor.
- Motivate students through effective communication and evaluative feedback.
- Demonstrate awareness of the needs of students and provide for individual differences.
- Set high expectations for student achievement and behavior.
- Establish and maintain a positive climate for learning through appropriate classroom management.
- Assess student learning.
- Create an environment of respect and rapport.
- Manage student behavior.
- Use questioning and discussion techniques.
- Engage students in learning.
- Provide feedback to students.
- Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness.
- See that district policies are observed during all activities.
- Obtain advance approval of the Classroom Instructor and/or Principal for all activities and expenditures.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal or other administrative staff, which are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications of the position.