JobID 4736 : 2019/20 Floor Technician (#2000382)
If hired, the State Board for Educator Certification will require all first time applicants for an initial credential to be fingerprinted as part of a national criminal background check. A cost of up to $49.00 will be charged for fingerprinting.
To provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean and efficient place in which to learn, play and develop.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Follow a given schedule to cleans floors, including carpet, ceramic, epoxy, concrete, and VCT throughout school, administration, portable or any ancillary building.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment required to handle any floor tech assignment.
- Make recommendations for ordering additional supplies as needed.
- Ensure the building is secured during evening hours and energy management and indoor air quality policies are followed.
- Coordinate and assist moving furniture and equipment as required.
- Must be available to assist as a Night Custodian or Day Custodian at a campus, when needed.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- General experience in custodial or cleaning work.
- Knowledge of the use, maintenance, and safety of a Trailer Mounted Steam Extractor, in cleaning all types of flooring throughout the district including carpet, ceramic, epoxy, concrete, and VCT and on how to safely use a propane burnisher, on safe handling of different types of fuels for running equipment.
- Skill in the use and placement of blowers to ensure optimal dry time of carpets; use of a high-pressure washer, 2000 psi or higher; trouble shooting and fixing minor repairs related to Trailer Mount Steam Extractor; and use of custodial materials and chemicals.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions and operate custodial equipment; read, speak, and write English is strongly preferred.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions of other information.
- Must move about inside the building to perform custodial work.
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to clean at higher levels.
- Constantly positions self to be able to reach items on floor or above head.
- Frequently moves equipment, supplies, furniture or trash weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May be exposed to strong smells from cleaning solutions.
- May be exposed to intermittent sounds of a loud nature.
- Operate medium weight cleaning equipment such as vacuum, floor buffer, and carpet extractor.