JobID 2603 : Teacher: Grade 1 (#2000166)
Primary Function (Job Goal)
To advocate for all learners, focus on academic achievement, and build on student successes by committing to continuous instructional improvement and providing an environment that supports the social development of all students.
Reports To (accountability)
Qualifications / Local Requirements
- Professional Educator License
- License Endorsement in one of the following at appropriate grade level :
- Self Contained General Education
- The applicant must fulfill one of the following:
- Must currently be assigned to this position
- Taught in any school at the Pre K-4 level within the last 10 years
- Successfully completed student teaching within the last three years.
- Such other alternatives to these qualifications as the Board of Education may accept
- Working with the students in an instructional setting may entail kneeling or squatting, stooping, and bending from the waist on an occasional to frequent basis.
- Occasionally required to run.
- Ability to read a computer screen and printed material with or without visuals aids.
- Hear and understand speech at normal classroom levels.
- Speak in an audible tone so that others may understand clearly.
Term of Employment
- 180 Days
- FLSA Exempt
- Completion of mandated training through Global Compliance Network within first 45 days of employment without financial compensation.
- Pre-employment medical examination, including tuberculosis clearance
- Pass a Regional Office of Education Fingerprint/Background Clearance including Federal Bureau of Investigation
On-line application only
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation, the Performance Evaluation Reform Act of 2010 (PERA), Senate Bill 7, and Articles 24A and 34 of the Illinois School Code.