JobID 16223 : High School ESL Teacher (#1999578)
Position: High School ESLTeacher
Reports to: Principal
General Description: Delivers teacher-led instruction in a blended learning environment for at-risk and homeless youth.
Primary Responsibilities (abbreviated listing):
- Demonstrates effective strategies and techniques that actively engage students in the learning process.
- Uses student data to inform instruction, guides and monitors students’ management of their time, monitors learner progress with available tools and develops an intervention plan for unsuccessful learners.
- Uses computers and other technology provided to assist students.
- Differentiates instruction based on students’ learning styles and needs and assists students in assimilating information to gain understanding and knowledge.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Ability to adapt and adjust instruction to create multiple paths to meet learning objectives
- Knowledge of accepted and effective techniques for working with at-risk youth with diverse family dynamics
- An aptitude and working knowledge of computer courseware and hardware
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certification in Secondary ESL (NS)
- Satisfactory completion of criminal history check
Submit application online.