JobID 4452 : Lunchroom/Playground Supervisor (174 days, 2.75 hours) (#1998625)
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma.
Equivalent combination of education and training considered.
Must possess good interpersonal and oral communication skills.
REPORTS TO: BUILDING PRINCIPAL
JOB GOAL OF PLAYGROUND SUPERVISOR:
Responsible for enabling students, through meaningful playground leadership, to enjoy the group interaction and physical exercise which are an integral part of the district educational program.
Performance Responsibilities for Playground Supervisor:
· Supervises all students while maintaining a harmonious and safe atmosphere on the playground;
· Organizes group games and activities;
· Establishes a positive relationship with students;
· Maintains effective communication with school personnel;
· Assumes responsibility for playground equipment;
· Monitors students entering and exiting the playground while directing the students to follow schedules;
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
JOB GOAL OF LUNCHROOM SUPERVISOR:
Responsible for providing a safe, clean and orderly lunch period for all students.
Performance Responsibilities for Lunchroom Supervisor:
- Works with other kitchen, lunchroom, principal and school staff;
- Supervises students from their arrival in lunch line to their departure to playground or classroom;
- Teaches students where to be in lines and where to sit in lunchroom;
- Knows school safety procedures and emergency information;
- Maintains positive communication with students—meet their needs;
- Washes tables, wipes up spills and teaches good manners at lunch;
- Maintains a pleasant environment in lunchroom;
- Receptive to the special needs of students’ diets;
- Sells milk, makes announcements, assists with condiments;
- Assist students in any way;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Board of Education.
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions
established by the Board of Education.
This job description has been reviewed with job specific BFOQ’s and in accordance with the American Disabilities Act.