JobID 999 : Special Education Teachers - Special Education in Institutional Settings (SEIS) - Worcester MA (#1997913)
The Collaborative for Educational Services (CES) is currently seeking a a MA licensed secondary level Special Education Teacher to work in an adolescent Department of Mental Health program site in Worcester, MA for the remainder of the school year (2019-2020). Massachusetts license, secondary level, required. Appropriate teacher license in Special Education desirable.
Teachers in SEIS schools are part of the Massachusetts Teachers' Retirement System. Successful candidates may be eligible for the teacher loan forgiveness program.
Who We Are: Dedicated and collaborative teams of educators committed to supporting teaching excellence through coaching, professional development and excellent administrative support. CES prides itself on providing robust and engaging learning opportunities to all its teachers.
We value: Quality and excellence, innovation, creativity and vision, inclusiveness, equity and diversity and collaboration with others. Creating a community of care is foundational to the work we do… together!
Social Justice and Equity work is central to our mission, especially in these times. We understand that all forms of oppression are damaging. We engage in this work pro-actively and purposefully, with the intent of positive outcomes, and because we need to.
We hope that you will join us in this work!
This is you:
- You have a passion for teaching all students, especially those who have been marginalized.
- You value professionalism and culturally responsive teaching.
- You love to learn! You strive to understand emerging trends in education, seek to thoughtfully employ best practices, support diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).
- You recognize that addressing societal oppression and inequities requires ongoing education and a commitment to allyship.
- Develop and implement curriculum lessons and mini-units, assessing and modifying as designated in student IEPs.
- Provide content area instruction, integrating students’ IEP goals and objectives, learning style information, accommodations and modifications as appropriate.
- Implement effective instructional strategies and research based on curriculum, in accordance with the Standards and Indicators of Effective Teaching and with host facilities’ policies and procedures.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.