JobID 9425 : Immigration Ministry Administrative Assistant (#1996624)
The Archdiocese of Chicago is the third largest diocese in the United States and serves more than 2.2 million Catholics in The Archdiocese, pastored by Cardinal Blase J. Cupich, has more than 15,000 employees across its ministries, including Catholic Charities, the region’s largest nonprofit social service agency. The Archdiocese also has one of the country’s largest seminaries. The Archdiocese’s elementary and secondary schools comprise one of the largest U.S. private school systems.
The Administrative Assistant for the Immigration Ministry of the Office of Human Dignity and Solidarity assists in the management of the local and national Immigration Ministries of the Archdiocese of Chicago. Handles details of a confidential nature. Performs administrative and secretarial services. Responsible for communicating information and sharing resources with ministry leaders and stakeholders. Requires broad knowledge of department operations and procedures, and a high level of experience, discretion and technical skill. Operates with great latitude for independent judgment and initiative. Available as a resource for the administrative pool, as directed by the Coordinator of Administrative Support for the Department of Parish Vitality and Mission.
- Maintains content for OHDS website
- Coordinates consistent office communication efforts with pastors, secretaries and bulletin editors, volunteers, etc.
- Assists in the creation and dissemination of communications and marketing materials, including e-newsletters, brochures, flyers, invitations to events, committee manuals, etc.*
- Maintains and utilizes social media (e.g Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) and email marketing systems (e.g. MailChimp) to reach constituents and partners
- Assists the team in coordinating the task assignments of volunteers.
- Reviews incoming information; identifies and communicates key points to Director.
- Answers telephone and provides information; takes and relays messages.
- Receives, sorts and prioritizes daily mail.
- Composes letters and memoranda from verbal direction from or knowledge of Archdiocese and departments.
- Prepares agenda and materials, and records minutes for office meetings.
- Prepares reminders concerning department activities.
- Assists in preparing for meetings and workshops.
- Maintains and archives office files.
- Knows the structure and who within the structure can respond to specific needs.
- Provides guidance in the resolution of routine problems.
- Sets up and maintains files and records which may contain confidential information.
- Coordinates special projects.
- Maintains up-to-date database records of constituents.
- Assist with processing of checks and donation thank you letters.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the Director or the Coordinator of Administrative Support.
- Education Required: High school diploma and 1-3 years of practical experience and or certification in administrative support field; or Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree in a field relating to administration and/or communication.
- 1-3 years’ administrative experience in a fast-paced environment. Prior experience working in the Archdiocese or parish is preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Professional demeanor a must.
- Flexibility and willingness to work effectively as team player and independently.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals and teams at all levels of Archdiocese.
- Strong organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- High level of discretion and sound judgment.
- Must demonstrate understanding, respect, and support for Catholic Church teaching, mission, and values. Knowledge and understanding of Catholic Social Teaching highly preferred.
The Archdiocese of Chicago is in the midst of exciting changes as we renew our local Church. With a variety of opportunities to contribute your professional talents and experience, we invite you to consider any of our current openings at archchicago.org/careers. We offer competitive salary and benefit packages, as well as opportunities for professional and personal growth and development.