JobID 264 : School Health LPN - for Extended School Year Programs (RCSD) (#1995438)
This is for an Extended School Year (ESY) program and is considered a BOCES ESY position. Employees are encouraged to also apply to all other positions that they are qualified for such as those found on the Summer Work posting which are not BOCES ESY positions.
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES - RCSD, Suburban Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 6, 2020 – August 14, 2020
1. Monitor physical status of children regarding chronic diseases (i.e. epilepsy, diabetes) in addition to other disabilities (i.e. developmental, emotional).
2. Dispense and monitor medications and treatments.
3. Consult with staff regarding medical and developmental status of children.
4. Liaison with physicians, community agencies, parents, students and staff.
5. Provide First Aid to students and staff.
6. Accompany classrooms on community based instructional trips.
7. Accompany students on bus runs as required.
8. Ability to run to emergencies and perform CPR.
1. Civil Service eligibility as a Licensed Practical Nurse: Possession of a valid New York State Registered Professional Nursing (RN) license or valid New York State Licensed Professional Nursing (LPN) license.
2. CPR/AED Certified.
3. Prior school nursing, pediatric nursing experience desirable.
4. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation), including running to emergencies.
Employment is contingent upon student enrollment and availability of programs. First consideration to current BOCES employees if applications are submitted by 4/03/2020.