JobID 12160 : Food Service Preparer (POOL) (#1995264)
Position: Food Service Preparer
Reports To: Director of Nutrition Services
Salary Schedule / Grade: Refer to Salary Schedule
F.L.S.A Status: Non-Exempt
Dayton Public Schools is looking for Food Service Preparers. Food Service Preparers perform a wide range of duties involved with preparing and/or serving foods and beverages in a school environment. May perform duties such as preparing salad items, hot foods, and/or cold foods, and/or assisting in the preparation of bakery items, as appropriate to the position. Assist in cleaning work areas, equipment, and utensils. May assist in the set up, and service; and collection of garbage/trash. May perform cashiering duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Incumbent performs a majority of the following duties)
- Prepares or assists in the preparation, service and clean-up of meals using district menus, standardize recipes, designated portion sizes and following district menus sanitation procedures.
- Serve children with a positive attitude.
- Follows work schedules, plans and organizes duties prior to beginning tasks.
- Stores, utilizes and disposes of food and supplies following federal, state, local and district regulations.
- Complies with department rules, procedures, administrative directives and regulations, district policies and procedures and local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Follows sanitation and safety standards in clean up and operation of kitchen and kitchen equipment.
- Agrees to fulfill performance responsibilities in location(s) assigned.
- Performs such other tasks as may be assigned within the parameters of the job.
CORE BEHAVIORS & COMPETENCIES
- Dependability = reliable attendance, consistently address and resolve issues
- Integrity = honesty, refraining from talking behind others’ backs, ethical decision-making
- Collaboration = tactful and courteous with students, parents, public; work harmoniously with others
- Compassion = showing concern, being friendly and approachable
- Excellence = professional grooming and attire, commitment to performing quality work
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies
- Skill in cooking and preparing a variety of foods
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards
- Considerable physical activity. May require handling of objects that can weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to walk, run, climb, crawl, or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read and write
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Work environment is performed in a school setting.